Gear S notifications not working

bmw320d

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, are your notifications working fine now? I'm having the same problem. Did a cache wipe and it seems to be working, but not sure how long.

mikeyking

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got the watch today (have lurked on the forums for a while now!) and confirm I've got the same issue. Has someone found out a fix? Basically some alerts work just fine (e.g. WhatsApp, 365Sports, Ebay) but the one I really want to work is the SMS messages on the phone.

I have twitter sending me SMS messages to my phone number so they come up on my watch. I have found out that you can't receive text messages on the watch SIM whilst it's paired with the main phone so have gone back to the main phone receiving the twitter alerts and then showing up on the watch. HOWEVER, the watch does receive the messages and I can see them on the watch but there's no alert on the watch. I get vibrations from all other apps apart from text messages.

Anyone?

mikeyking

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Right, fixed it. It acts differently between the Gear 1 and the Gear S. I've turned off notifications on the Messaging app on my phone and, on the gear 1, the messages are still forwarded to the phone. However, this isn't the case on the Gear S so I've had to re-enable notifcations in the messaging app.

That fixed the issue. However, now I've figured out that if you turn on the Mobile signal permanently on the watch you may as well just get the twitter alerts being sent to the watch's SIM number rather than the phone so I'm doing that. Working a treat!

Nick040489

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure I gear manager you selected to have notofications from all your apps to be sent to your phone.

There's also an option in Gear Manager that you can set to have notification to be sent to watch while you're on the phone.

Thirdly make sure your Gear is not set on mute.

Posted via the Android Central App

Where is the setting to have notifications sent to the watch while on the phone?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463