AT&T will not sell the $10 gear S plan to grandfathered unlimited data users

Winston Anderson

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
AT&T will not sell the $10 gear S plan to grandfathered unlimited 5GB data users.
I went in today willing to sign a 24 month data contract and they reject me because i would not go to a mobile share plan.
It seems odd AT&T does not want my extra $10 a month.
Seems odd (all most illegal) they will not sell a service to half their current subscribers.
Im hoping they the marketing team change policy soon.
If not i will wait and buy a gear s referbihsed in a few months and bluetooth it only.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not surprising. They want to make sure you paid minimum amount of $ per account. My family share plan started $100/mo without adding any phone lines, including my line. Once you paid enough, they let you take advantage of the cheap add-ons. .

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here, except that i paid for the Gear S up front.I added mine to my existing plan for $5/month for unlimited talk&text and 500 MB data.

Non T-mo customers can get the same plan but for $15/month without any kind of contract - cancel any time. Sounds to be the best deal around if you want a SIM for your Gear S.

xbones84

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
That is because they don't offer a $10 plan. They let you tack on tablets and a watch like this for an additional $10 a month. You are sharing your data with it. The grandfathered plans have been done with for a while. You are still fortunate to have one but there are some drawbacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz