Notifications for Gear S

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
TVp4RujN9qqrJ1E0WRalxaXWxEHrskolHJQaZ-2q-CNz4Yq-RhQYtmkt2dBNeF3WEds=h310

Hi,

Notifications for Gear S you can find it at Google Play and Samsung Galaxy store and use rich notifications in order to send notifications to your new Gear S AND Gear S 2.

Better always from Google Play because in a few hours I can update the App.

It allows you to answer notifications from your Gear S but not always. In case of whatsapp the app will allow you to reply if there are no messages unread in whatsapp, but the App is always learning. Try it!

Now you can send new WhatsApp messages from it. Read the Help.

You can select between using predefined messages or a default keyboard in order to reply some notificacions like whatsapp, gmail and hangouts. In case you want to add your own predefined messages you have to edit the file you will find at your sdcard root called: GearOptions.txt

If you have problems you can write here in order to share your problems with other people and I will answer it soon.

Try to select some notifications for this App and other for Samsung Gear Manager, but no select the same notification in both Apps.

Default Screen App in only valid if you select at settings that the App asks you if you want to receive other notifications different of default supported ones.

Please, let me know if they work for you and give me feedback.

You can find it at Samsung Galaxy Apps and Google Play https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....gear.notificationsgears&hl=es&token=uDmP_1vO

Thanks

Last edited:

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
https://lh3.ggpht.com/TVp4RujN9qqrJ1E0WRalxaXWxEHrskolHJQaZ-2q-CNz4Yq-RhQYtmkt2dBNeF3WEds=h310

Hi,

I want to introduce you my 2 Apps Gear S related:

- Notifications for Gear S
- Notifications wear style for Gear

First one you can find it at Google Play and Samsung Galaxy store and use rich notifications in order to send notifications to your new Gear S. It's been developed using the emulator (don't have the Gear S yet).
It allows you to answer notifications from your Gear S but not always. In case of whatsapp the app will allow you to reply if there are no messages unread in whatsapp, but the App is always learning. Try it! https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...acosal.gear.notificationsgears&token=-5ert2cf

The second one is original developed for Gear 1 and 2 but it will work as well in Gear S. You can find its thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...430058-notifications-wear-style-gear-2-a.html
Right now is been certificated by Samsung in order to show messages centered.

Please, let me know if they work for you and give me feedback.

Thanks
So, the first app will let us respond from our watch? For example I prefer to use Textra or Go SMS Pro for texting. Will this allow me to repond using those?

From my smokin' hot Note 4

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I would be very interested in this app if it allowed us to reply from other apps than the native phone app. For instance, I use Contacts+ as my main contact/calling/texting app and notifications work great on the Gear S, but to reply I need to switch my default texting app to the native phone app. If this can be done you may have me sold :).

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So, the first app will let us respond from our watch? For example I prefer to use Textra or Go SMS Pro for texting. Will this allow me to repond using those?

From my smokin' hot Note 4

No These Apps only allows you To reply some notificstions like whatsapp ang gmail.

At first The sale that android wear App.

Thanks

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.0.4 released!

New version uploaded to Google Play and Samsung Galaxy Store.

Remember that on Samsung Galaxy Store there is a certification process that can last a week.

Regards

denilsonsantos

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Paco. I decided to restore my gear S and reinstall gear manager and your software. Now everything is fine. I've just answered a whatsapp message. By the way I installed the software you sent by mail. Is it the new version you sent to play today?

lj_kearny

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Please allow the ability to reply from Google Voice

com.google.android.apps.googlevoice

I know of no other app that will allow this, and yours seems like it could add this feature reasonably easy.

Thank you very much for a nice app!

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Was this removed from the Samsung store? I went to reinstall but I can't find it now.

I think you might be looking in the wrong store, I was confused by this too. The app does not show in the Samsung App Store through the Gear Manager App but it does show in the Samsung App Store when you go through the app directly. I suspect this is either because the app is not listed correctly or because it is not actually Gear app and/or has no component that installs on the Gear.

lj_kearny

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I think you might be looking in the wrong store, I was confused by this too. The app does not show in the Samsung App Store through the Gear Manager App but it does show in the Samsung App Store when you go through the app directly. I suspect this is either because the app is not listed correctly or because it is not actually Gear app and/or has no component that installs on the Gear.

Ahhhh you are correct. Thanks!

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So I bought this app on Google Play. I like it a lot so far. It solves one of my main issues with the Gear, which is inability to reply to Hangouts messages. However, I noticed when I get incoming Hangouts notifications from this app the incoming message is repeated twice, anyone else notice this? I already turned off Hangouts notifications in Gear manager so I don't think this is causing the issue...

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So I bought this app on Google Play. I like it a lot so far. It solves one of my main issues with the Gear, which is inability to reply to Hangouts messages. However, I noticed when I get incoming Hangouts notifications from this app the incoming message is repeated twice, anyone else notice this? I already turned off Hangouts notifications in Gear manager so I don't think this is causing the issue...

yes I have noticed this. seems to happen to all of the messages I have going through the app.

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Any chance to get a free license? It seems it's very much beta, and may or may not work completely. Very interested to beta test it and provide feedback.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz