Notifications for Gear S

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Please allow the ability to reply from Google Voice

com.google.android.apps.googlevoice

I know of no other app that will allow this, and yours seems like it could add this feature reasonably easy.

Thank you very much for a nice app!

2nd this, Google voice support would be awesome.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So, the first app will let us respond from our watch? For example I prefer to use Textra or Go SMS Pro for texting. Will this allow me to repond using those?

From my smokin' hot Note 4

I started using this app this morning and it has allowed me to go back to using textra instead of the stock app which I can't stand. And YES I can reply to those messages as well. It learns and asks me whenever I use something new do I want notifications from that particular app.

Another thing I like about this app is in the settings u can select if u want alerts cleared from watch when they are checked from the phone... Well of course I do. :)

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Can I make a request for a new icon? The icon appears at the top of the notification on the Gear S and looks like a tiny blob.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Another thing that comes to mind, can you add the ability to edit the template responses from within the app itself?

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I started using this app this morning and it has allowed me to go back to using textra instead of the stock app which I can't stand. And YES I can reply to those messages as well. It learns and asks me whenever I use something new do I want notifications from that particular app.

Another thing I like about this app is in the settings u can select if u want alerts cleared from watch when they are checked from the phone... Well of course I do. :)
I have the option checked off to ask me for every new notification but it did not ask me. does it come up on the phone or the gear s? I'm feeling a bit slow lol

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I'm also having some issues with double notifications. Should I only check what I want to reply with on this app? i.e. whatapp and hangouts should be checked within this app but not within the gear manager app? And then everything should be unchecked within this app? Thanks for your help guys

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I'm also having some issues with double notifications. Should I only check what I want to reply with on this app? i.e. whatapp and hangouts should be checked within this app but not within the gear manager app? And then everything should be unchecked within this app? Thanks for your help guys

Anything i have checked in this app, I have unchecked in Gear Manager.

I am not sure what you mean by "And then everything should be unchecked within this app?"

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed the update, but I am still getting duplicate notifications for Hangouts and other apps, anyway to fix this so we only get one?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not understanding this app at all. Screen shots below. What am I doing wrong? I uninstalled it :(

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416123438117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416123438117.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416123447557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416123447557.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416123458739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416123458739.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416123472404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416123472404.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416123483505.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416123483505.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 36

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Reesh11 worry about the last 3 screen shots for now....

Select the apps u want to get notif actions for as mentioned above anything u check here u uncheck in gear manager so u don't get double notifications. I don't use most of the apps mentioned but I did check hangouts, gmail and Google now.

In behaviour I left all of these checked because u do u want to be asked for new type of notification. This is how it learns as u use ur phone it (the phone) will ask do u want an alert for this app or behavior. As u pick and choose what u want extra outside of what apps are default the boxes in ur first two screen shots will have things listed. This comes in handy if u pick yes by accident or u change ur mind later u can just remove it from the undesired box.

The remove notifications on gear is the thing I mentioned in my post above. When u clear out something on the phone the gear notifications disappear so I don't have to clear them manually.

I want alerts if the screen is on especially if I'm receiving multiple alerts at once.

And last but not least I want to respond to the text with keyboard not predefined message.

Just remember everything u add here u remove from gear manager and u should be fine.

FYI if I go to compose a text from the watch it will say "Unable to receive messages on the gear. Change the default messaging app to Messages." I hit cancel and I compose my message either from previous messages or from contacts.

Hope the helps I am on my 6th smartwatch and have used emulators before so I guess that's why I understood it as soon as I saw it... I have owned a sony, 2 metawatches a pebble and a gear 1. This by far has been the best experience I have had with a smart watch. :D

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I bought this app on Google Play. I like it a lot so far. It solves one of my main issues with the Gear, which is inability to reply to Hangouts messages. However, I noticed when I get incoming Hangouts notifications from this app the incoming message is repeated twice, anyone else notice this? I already turned off Hangouts notifications in Gear manager so I don't think this is causing the issue...

Are you sure you not getting notification from the Gear Manger? Is so turn off in Gear Manger Settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Reesh11 worry about the last 3 screen shots for now....

Select the apps u want to get notif actions for as mentioned above anything u check here u uncheck in gear manager so u don't get double notifications. I don't use most of the apps mentioned but I did check hangouts, gmail and Google now.

In behaviour I left all of these checked because u do u want to be asked for new type of notification. This is how it learns as u use ur phone it (the phone) will ask do u want an alert for this app or behavior. As u pick and choose what u want extra outside of what apps are default the boxes in ur first two screen shots will have things listed. This comes in handy if u pick yes by accident or u change ur mind later u can just remove it from the undesired box.

The remove notifications on gear is the thing I mentioned in my post above. When u clear out something on the phone the gear notifications disappear so I don't have to clear them manually.

I want alerts if the screen is on especially if I'm receiving multiple alerts at once.

And last but not least I want to respond to the text with keyboard not predefined message.

Just remember everything u add here u remove from gear manager and u should be fine.

FYI if I go to compose a text from the watch it will say "Unable to receive messages on the gear. Change the default messaging app to Messages." I hit cancel and I compose my message either from previous messages or from contacts.

Hope the helps I am on my 6th smartwatch and have used emulators before so I guess that's why I understood it as soon as I saw it... I have owned a sony, 2 metawatches a pebble and a gear 1. This by far has been the best experience I have had with a smart watch. :D
Well I thought I did everything like you said. It's ok though I will wait for future versions of it perhaps. Or third party app updates.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I thought I did everything like you said. It's ok though I will wait for future versions of it perhaps. Or third party app updates.

How long did u use it? I only ask because I put mine on yesterday and the phone is still popping up asking about alerts today when I use a new app. Did u check the box for notifications for gear s in gear manager?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay