Hi guys, how do you download offline maps to Nokia's Here app on Gear S? I downloaded & installed Nokia's Here app on Note 3 and able to download and use offline map on phone but couldn't find a way to transfer those offline maps to Gear S to use in its Here app. So do I have to manually download the map on the Gear S itself? Also, does Gear S only provide pedestrian turn-by-turn navigation w/o any wifi or cellular turned on or also driving turn-by-turn too? Thanks
    11-12-2014 08:51 AM
    Disconnect bluetooth between Gear and Device
    Turn Wifi on
    Go to Here on the Gear
    Swipe to the right. Download maps will highlight when connected to wifi
    Select state and start.
    I recommend having the screen stay on. It seems the download to longer when the screen went to sleep mode. I changed my display to 5 mins to maximize download

The Gear Here utilize navigation for bus routes and walking. However you need to be connected to phone to get turn by turn navigation. Something I hope will be fixed in future updates. It also needs support for cyclist as there's not an option for that either. In its current state it does not show option for car as they feel your phone would be used for that.

But yes it will work with wifi or data if you have downloaded the maps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    PookiePrancer, Active55 and rellim like this.
    11-12-2014 09:00 AM
    Thanks for your quick reply, i'll try this out. And yes hopefully, turn by turn navigation for car without the need of phone will fully work in future update.
    11-12-2014 09:08 AM
    In its current state it does not show option for car as they feel your phone would be used for that.
    Just found this out the hard way. That SUCKS!

I just read about an upcoming update with "car mode" which I hope addresses that deficiency. Google Wear can do it; why can't Tizen?

11-13-2014 06:53 AM
    Just found this out the hard way. That SUCKS!

I just read about an upcoming update with "car mode" which I hope addresses that deficiency. Google Wear can do it; why can't Tizen?

It's not Tizen. It's Here. A Nokia App

11-13-2014 10:02 AM
    I am a little confused i have maps downloaded on the gear s. I left phone home and was on remote conect and tried HERE all it did was give me walking directions no turn by turn. Am i doing something wrong.

11-17-2014 11:18 AM
    It's not Tizen. It's Here. A Nokia App

Regardless, it's what Samsung went with and for now, it blows. Car Mode better fix that crap.

11-17-2014 06:32 PM
    I am a little confused i have maps downloaded on the gear s. I left phone home and was on remote conect and tried HERE all it did was give me walking directions no turn by turn. Am i doing something wrong.

No, you're not. That's all it does right now.

11-17-2014 06:33 PM