Cool story about my Gear S...

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So today I left my phone at work and didn't even know it. My gear had been remotely connected all day. I had my Gear on and got a text of my phone. Yikes. The great thing is that my coworker did not remember my gear number so she just texted my normal phone number. It came straight thru to my Gear! That, my friends, is awesome sauce. Had she not been able to text my watch I would not have known my phone was gone much less where to look. She wouldn't have been able to call me since I don't have a house phone. My phone is locked so she couldn't have called any of my contacts. All buyers remorse has been dispersed. I love this thing!

From my smokin' hot Note 4

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you have the sim in your gear s? With its own number? How did you remote access it?
I still have unlimited data and will loose my plan if I add a line. I'm about ready to do a standalone acct just to try it out.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you have the sim in your gear s? With its own number? How did you remote access it?
I still have unlimited data and will loose my plan if I add a line. I'm about ready to do a standalone acct just to try it out.
Yes mine has a sim with its own number. I turned bluetooth off so that it would connect remotely. I can't honestly say I understand the whole remotely connected thing but I prefer it this way instead of bluetooth. I replaced my tablet with this watch though.

esseff

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
So today I left my phone at work and didn't even know it. My gear had been remotely connected all day. I had my Gear on and got a text of my phone. Yikes. The great thing is that my coworker did not remember my gear number so she just texted my normal phone number. It came straight thru to my Gear! That, my friends, is awesome sauce. Had she not been able to text my watch I would not have known my phone was gone much less where to look. She wouldn't have been able to call me since I don't have a house phone. My phone is locked so she couldn't have called any of my contacts. All buyers remorse has been dispersed. I love this thing!

Great story, but your co-worker is looking at your phone at work and thinks that somehow, calling it will get you???

I guess only if they know you have a Gear S and know the intricacies of how it works...

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Great story, but your co-worker is looking at your phone at work and thinks that somehow, calling it will get you???

I guess only if they know you have a Gear S and know the intricacies of how it works...
Yes lol I explained it all to her so I guess she figured I'd get the text which I did.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Great story because I'm in the fence on whether to keep or not. But funny story I left my note 4 in the office and went down the street.. Decided to call my wife who didn't know I had it yet. When I called and said hey babe, she asked in a tone like she didn't know me "who is this??" I thought why on earth is she asking me that until she told me a weird number had popped up. I thought oops, and explained I was calling with my smartwatch. I did have my bt headset on so I wasn't talking into my watch.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I leave mine connected via bt until I'm out of range it will then connect via WiFi or network. My understanding slash thought is maybe it saves battery life on the gear s?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I leave mine connected via bt until I'm out of range it will then connect via WiFi or network. My understanding slash thought is maybe it saves battery life on the gear s?
I have no idea but for me remote connection is the only way to go now.

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea but for me remote connection is the only way to go now.

If I turn Bluetooth off and use remote connect and don't use call forwarding, will my calls go to my watch too, or will I just get text messages and emails? Do you know?

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I anticipated a problem with the 2 numbers, so I got AT&T to find me a Gear S number with the same area code and last 4 numbers of my Note 4 which is 9595. In fact, my home number and my Google Voice numbers all end in 9595. My friends and family always suspect it is me when they see 9595. Love the Gear S!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I anticipated a problem with the 2 numbers, so I got AT&T to find me a Gear S number with the same area code and last 4 numbers of my Note 4 which is 9595. In fact, my home number and my Google Voice numbers all end in 9595. My friends and family always suspect it is me when they see 9595. Love the Gear S!

That's dam cool!!! ;)

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's what I tried to do, but I'm on T-mo. When I ordered my Gear over the phone, the CS rep told me I could pick a number when I call to activate the SIM. When I called to activate the SIM, they told me I can't pick a number. :(

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
No one feeling like maybe the watch is too much? I love it but then I think when am I really going to be without my note? The times I am, I probably don't need the notifications either lol. Just wondering what the thoughts are of those of us who have it.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No one feeling like maybe the watch is too much? I love it but then I think when am I really going to be without my note? The times I am, I probably don't need the notifications either lol. Just wondering what the thoughts are of those of us who have it.

For me at my office getting up and away alot I don't grab my phone always. And even though I'm across the it great to have that remote to silence my phone and mute sound if it's disturbing.

I also keep my phone in my backpack alot so it's quicker to access on phone when it's a simple task.

Especially when on my motorcycle I can see a call and answer (with bluetooth headphones for course) if it's important and I'm the hwy.

I think apps are in some ways overrated. I think people want the watch to perform too much like a phone. Keep it simple for me. It definitely was helpful when hiking this past weekend. The Gear S is has been a great extension of my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995