Forward Calls/Texts to Gear S on Different Carrier?

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Wondering if you can forward calls/texts using the Gear Manager if my phone is on Verizon and I have a Gear S on a different carrier?
Reason being is I have unlimited data and sounds like I'm not going to be able to add it to my line without compromising that.

Thanks in advance

moodyblue

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I plan on purchasing a t mobile gear s to use with my sprint note 4..i don't have a shared data plan with sprint so i can only use their standalone plan..$9.99 for 1000 talk and text plus 100mb data vs t mobile's wearable plan 14.98 for unlimited talk and text plus 500mb data..seems to be a no brainer..unless I'm missing something.

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Cool, that's exactly what I plan to do as well, Verizon is trying to force me off unlimited to add this watch to my plan, I told them, ok I'll just get it from another carrier then. :)
Is it the Gear Manager that takes care of the forwarding? What a cool product huh?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Cool, that's exactly what I plan to do as well, Verizon is trying to force me off unlimited to add this watch to my plan, I told them, ok I'll just get it from another carrier then. :)
Is it the Gear Manager that takes care of the forwarding? What a cool product huh?

I have unlimited with AT&T and they won't let me add either unless I change my data plan. I'll probably get my watch from Verizon.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
How does it work though? Do I have to do anything different because of two separate carriers? Or does the Gear make that connection when you first set it up, then it knows all calls will be forwarded from one carrier phone to second carrier gear s when remotely connected?

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
it's so frustrating carriers make things so difficult for us to do this. Nice to know we have options though :)
However, I think your solution might cost a lot more than mine, you might also want to look into T-Mobile. I'm still confused how all this works, but if it works through Gear Manager, that will make me happy :)

moodyblue

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Just brought my gear s from t mobile yesterday..everything works perfectly..i.e. call forwarding and messaging..what i hope is that carriers (sprint) don't try to prevent this from happening some how.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Gear S running indepenently on AT&T (1 SIM card in Gear as my primary phone number). Do you think I can put a simple T-Mobile Pay-Go SIM card in a V4.3 Samsung phone and have it all work together?

Not sure what I'd gain by this, because I wouldn't be using the T-Mobile phone number in the non-Gear phone. I'm hoping the Gear can sync with a V4.3 phone without a SIM to set it up, but don't know if it will.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I plan on purchasing a t mobile gear s to use with my sprint note 4..i don't have a shared data plan with sprint so i can only use their standalone plan..$9.99 for 1000 talk and text plus 100mb data vs t mobile's wearable plan 14.98 for unlimited talk and text plus 500mb data..seems to be a no brainer..unless I'm missing something.

This is exactly what i did. Same setup as you. Works flawlessly

Posted via the Android Central App

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what i did. Same setup as you. Works flawlessly

Posted via the Android Central App

Just checking in to see if this is still working flawlessly for everyone. Haven't made the plunge yet, but getting real close and Verizon continues to be a pain (shocker) :p

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have AT&T Cell svc & AT&T Gear S & using T-mobile's wearable plan only? Does all the features work?

Last edited: