car navigation

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Gear S for a couple days now and I'm stumped as to how to get driving navigation on it.
HERE is useless for longer distances. I downloaded wearable widgets or whatever and no use. I have opera mini and Google the address (250 mi. away), again, not happening. I can always use my Note 4 for navigation, but I was hoping to use my GS.
I wish we could mirror what's on our phones to the GS so I could use Waze or Google.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the same question just downloaded gear navigator from the gear app store used to use it on my gear 2 have not tried it yet. Also used dma navigation on my gear 2 which ties watch to google maps but can't seem to find it in app store.

tl600f4i

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, a post on the HERE article (4 days ago on 11/29) show's a simple response: App is still in beta. That's an indicator for a possible driving direction option coming down the pipes:

joYqwFh.jpg

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They just put support for D.M.A. Navi Watch one of the best because it Mirrors google maps only negative is that it has to be used as watch face with updated weather.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They just put support for D.M.A. Navi Watch one of the best because it Mirrors google maps only negative is that it has to be used as watch face with updated weather.

Thanks! I've been trying to find such an app that would sync with Google Maps from my phone. I have an app called Nav Me on my Pebble, which does the same thing. Glad I'm able to have a similar type app on my Gear S now.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I tried the navigation feature and I wasn't able to get it to notify me when my watch screen went into standby mode. I also can't seem to find it in the Google PlayStore anymore

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried the navigation feature and I wasn't able to get it to notify me when my watch screen went into standby mode. I also can't seem to find it in the Google PlayStore anymore

I had to do a search for D.M.A navi watch to find it.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a search for D.M.A navi watch to find it.

Are you able to search for it now? I was able to find it yesterday, but today I can't. Not sure if it was removed from the PlayStore. I wanted to see if there was an email address so I could email the developer. When I search for it, it no longer appears on my end.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to search for it now? I was able to find it yesterday, but today I can't. Not sure if it was removed from the PlayStore. I wanted to see if there was an email address so I could email the developer. When I search for it, it no longer appears on my end.

In the Gear Store

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just searched and it showed up you can try the developer at this address
Disqus <notifications@disqus.net>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members