Interested in the Gear S, anyone go from Moto 360 or Gear 2 to the S?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
OK, so even though I love my 360 I went out and got an S as well. I'm playing with it now. I can't figure out how to delete an email when I receive it on my watch. I only have the option to reply, show on device or dismiss it but it still stays on my phone. On my 360 I can swipe to the right to dismiss or swipe to the left to delete or reply. How do I do this on the S?

Posted via the Android Central App

With the new update 4.4.4, you can delete emails off the gear but it only takes them off the gear. If you delete them from the phone it will come off both.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
For me, it might be familiarity since I had the Galaxy Gear series before I bought the 360. I got the 360 and grew attached to it but, I am finding the S much more interactive and the battery life was way better. Its not as attractive as the 360 though and that part I will miss.

However, when I took the dogs for a walk this morning, it was nice not to have to bring the phone with me. That part will be nice when I go to the gym as well. Who knows, the jury is still out on this product. Its only the end of day 2. However, I am starting to think of how I will sell the Moto 360 so, in some ways I think the S will stay around even though I will miss the elegance of the 360.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
With the new update 4.4.4, you can delete emails off the gear but it only takes them off the gear. If you delete them from the phone it will come off both.

This is what I mean exactly. If I delete it using my watch, it's still on my phone. The two devices are not in sync. If I just interact with my watch my phone gets backlogged with notifications I need to delete again and emails I have to delete for a second time. On the 360 whatever you do on it is also reflected on the phone.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
For me, it might be familiarity since I had the Galaxy Gear series before I bought the 360. I got the 360 and grew attached to it but, I am finding the S much more interactive and the battery life was way better. Its not as attractive as the 360 though and that part I will miss.

However, when I took the dogs for a walk this morning, it was nice not to have to bring the phone with me. That part will be nice when I go to the gym as well. Who knows, the jury is still out on this product. Its only the end of day 2. However, I am starting to think of how I will sell the Moto 360 so, in some ways I think the S will stay around even though I will miss the elegance of the 360.

I'm kind of in the opposite situation. I like the look of the Gear S and that's why I'm still attempting to make it work for me eventhough the battery life is better on my 360 and I find the 360 more interactive with my Note (whatever I do on my watch is reflected immediately on my phone).

I love leaving the phone behind for my morning workout too but wow it takes a beating on battery life when used that way. Almost 1% drop per minute.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of in the opposite situation. I like the look of the Gear S and that's why I'm still attempting to make it work for me eventhough the battery life is better on my 360 and I find the 360 more interactive with my Note (whatever I do on my watch is reflected immediately on my phone).

I love leaving the phone behind for my morning workout too but wow it takes a beating on battery life when used that way. Almost 1% drop per minute.

Do you have the Mobile Data on Autoswitch? So when you are home it runs on wifi and then when you leave it goes to Mobile data? Do you have call forwarding on at all times? If you turn it off while you are attached to the watch that supposedly saves battery. Last night it was 11:30 and I was at 35-40%. I took it off charge at 7:30 a.m. so that was 16 hours on the battery.

The manager at Verizon, took it with him to Disneyland all day and left his phone at home. He used it all day there with battery to spare. Maybe you got a bum unit? The battery life on my Moto was way worse. I would take it off charge at 6:30 and it was dead by 7:00 pm so, that was about 12.5 hours. By around 6 it would go into power saving mode.

I really do miss the cards and the utilization of Google Now. At first the cards were annoying with the 360 but I grew attached to it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the Mobile Data on Autoswitch? So when you are home it runs on wifi and then when you leave it goes to Mobile data? Do you have call forwarding on at all times? If you turn it off while you are attached to the watch that supposedly saves battery. Last night it was 11:30 and I was at 35-40%. I took it off charge at 7:30 a.m. so that was 16 hours on the battery.

The manager at Verizon, took it with him to Disneyland all day and left his phone at home. He used it all day there with battery to spare. Maybe you got a bum unit? The battery life on my Moto was way worse. I would take it off charge at 6:30 and it was dead by 7:00 pm so, that was about 12.5 hours. By around 6 it would go into power saving mode.

I really do miss the cards and the utilization of Google Now. At first the cards were annoying with the 360 but I grew attached to it.

Yup, I have Mobile Data on auto switch. I don't have auto call forwarding set up on it because I'm using Google Voice on it. It doesn't need the call forwarding to ring on my watch because of GV.

When using it as a standalone device it is a battery hog. Especially if you're streaming music. I'd say total battery life when doing that I'd about 2 hours. If it's idle it can go much longer apparently. Yesterday I finished the day with 50% after working out 45 minutes in the morning while streaming music (I topped it off for about 30 minutes afterward) and then bluetoothed the rest of the day.

I agree on the Google Cards. I miss them, as well as being able to reply to most any notification I would get on my 360.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have not hooked up my google voice to my phone yet. When I get a chance I will try it. I also have not tried out the bluetooth streaming music thing on it as well. That will be next but I am not sure about the battery when I stream. Not sure I want to go through the hassle just to stream music and then see it kill my battery.

Btw, yesterday I took it off charge at 6 a.m. and did not put it back on the charger until 11:30 p.m. I left my phone at home and went to disneyland for about 5 hours and when I put it on the charger, it was at 30%.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks, I am also interested in getting a galaxy gear s. Is there a way to add calendar events to my Google Calendar on the actual device? Thanks

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks, I am also interested in getting a galaxy gear s. Is there a way to add calendar events to my Google Calendar on the actual device? Thanks

I just checked with the stock calendar app on the S and I can only view calendar entries, not create. There may be an app that does and there may be a way of doing it with the stock app that I didn't figure out though.

tl600f4i

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
So based on what I read here I pulled the trigger and got the Gear S and will be selling my Moto360 :) I am very happy with the S so far and the keyboard is surpisingly quick and accurate! I plan on testing the navigation feature on this shortly. Very happy so far and I have until January to return it if I dont like it :)

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have not hooked up my google voice to my phone yet. When I get a chance I will try it. I also have not tried out the bluetooth streaming music thing on it as well. That will be next but I am not sure about the battery when I stream. Not sure I want to go through the hassle just to stream music and then see it kill my battery.

Btw, yesterday I took it off charge at 6 a.m. and did not put it back on the charger until 11:30 p.m. I left my phone at home and went to disneyland for about 5 hours and when I put it on the charger, it was at 30%.

Did you have auto forwarding on and was it remote connected?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So based on what I read here I pulled the trigger and got the Gear S and will be selling my Moto360 :) I am very happy with the S so far and the keyboard is surpisingly quick and accurate! I plan on testing the navigation feature on this shortly. Very happy so far and I have until January to return it if I dont like it :)

I'm coming up on my 14 day return period deadline. I wish I had gotten it a little later to have longer to trial it. At any rate, I think I'm going to pay my restocking fee and return it. I wore my 360 last night for about 4 hours and it was a little bit of a shock at how I had almost forgotten how smoothly everything operates on AW. Everything just works the way it should.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming up on my 14 day return period deadline. I wish I had gotten it a little later to have longer to trial it. At any rate, I think I'm going to pay my restocking fee and return it. I wore my 360 last night for about 4 hours and it was a little bit of a shock at how I had almost forgotten how smoothly everything operates on AW. Everything just works the way it should.

I'm quite the opposite. I was very displeased when I wore my 360 Friday. Plus for whatever reason the battery was 28% after 10 hrs. Google now kept disconnecting. Hate that it didn't have dismiss all as I haven't wrote it in a week and piled with notifications that had to continously swipe to dismiss. Sorry to hear you go. I can't wait for next update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude