Contacts pictures?

ProtoformX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Little odd. Some contacts on my S are shown with their photos (as they appear on my Note 4) but he vast majority are not. Including my favorites!

What gives? How do I get my S to recognize that these folks do have faces? Faces I wish to see when glancing at my contacts widget?

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Where are the photos coming from. I.E are these pics from Facebook or Twitter contacts linked? If so there are not going to show.

ProtoformX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure some are linked FB. So, what do I need to do in order to get them to show? Copy them from the FB contact, then add them as the main contact on my Note 4?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure some are linked FB. So, what do I need to do in order to get them to show? Copy them from the FB contact, then add them as the main contact on my Note 4?

There's no FB app so they're not going to show

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you need to get/save those pictures in your gallery and then assign them to your respective contacts and they will show on the S contact widget. Of course, the contacts widget is limited to 8 contacts.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you need to get/save those pictures in your gallery and then assign them to your respective contacts and they will show on the S contact widget. Of course, the contacts widget is limited to 8 contacts.
Exactly. Although you can add another page of 8 contacts. I have 16 altogether.

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sammuel, what did you do? R you using 2 of your 5 widgets for contacts? I may get rid of the news widget and try that.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sammuel, what did you do? R you using 2 of your 5 widgets for contacts? I may get rid of the news widget and try that.
Yup. I'm a minimalist, so I only have 3 home pages, the clock face as the main one with 12 apps within reached by a single tap, the 2nd and 3rd are for the contact widget. I don't need the news widget, etc. Everything else I use SVoice (it's the first app on my main homepage) to open other apps or for simple voice commands.