It seems weird to me that there wasn't much press coverage or advertisement for the Gear S. There wasn't a hard release date. No reviews by big tech sites. What gives? Was it the same way with the previous Gear watches?
    11-16-2014 06:15 PM
    I am curious about this as well.
    11-16-2014 06:27 PM
    Funny I've been thinking about this all weekend. I was browsing around on YouTube and none of the bigger tech sites have any videos up. Waiting for android central or connectedly to review.

Takin Notes..
    11-16-2014 08:10 PM
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/15/the...on-your-wrist/

Most recent I seen. But I have seen several reviews and comparison from site like Engadget but nothing like the 360.

But they're hasn't been anything major for the ASUS Zenwatch, LG GR either. I know this is Samsung but yeah there's hasn't been much major talk.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2014 08:21 PM
    I'm a little concern that Samsung really didn't push the Gear S out the door like it should. I'm wondering if this is more of a test product then anything. The Gear, and Gear 2 really didn't sell that well as Samsung had hoped.

I haven't seen alot of reviews on the S on the web or youtube. Most of them were from the preview back in September. I would assume the NDA were lifted since last week but this is rather odd.
    11-16-2014 08:38 PM
    I was thinking the same thing but after looking back on previous gear releases I didnt see any advertisement. I know a lot of tech sites dont really care for Tizen or the gear series, they are all stuck on android wear.
    11-16-2014 08:46 PM
    Perhaps I am one of the few who don't mind the lack of marketing. I don't mind being one of the few locally to have such a unique device. Of course, I do expect more tech and development support in the coming months.
    11-16-2014 09:10 PM
    I don't care for all the extras for my watch, for my phone yes but not the watch. All I need is for it to answer/make calls, reply/send sms, emails when desired. So as long as Tizen continues to handle that, them I'm good. Now my smartphone is a whole different story.
    11-16-2014 09:35 PM
    I don't care for all the extras for my watch, for my phone yes but not the watch. All I need is for it to answer/make calls, reply/send sms, emails when desired. So as long as Tizen continues to handle that, them I'm good. Now my smartphone is a whole different story.
    I feel the exact same way. I accept any smartwatch as an extension.

mbryanr likes this.
    11-16-2014 09:49 PM
    I really think the S is going to move forward the way the Note 1 did....slow and under the radar as early adopters increase and others find that it can almost be set up like a main cell phone. Also, the form factor is just too much for a lot of reviewers to handle RIGHT NOW since Apple didn't introduce it and hasn't really joined the fight. Hopefully, Amazon will start moving the S and users will post the kinds of positive reviews we see on our site. It was user reviews, not tech reviews, that fueled the success of the Note.
    11-17-2014 04:25 PM
    I had the Gear 2 and had no idea there was a 'S' -- a customer at the store where I work told me. I went by ATT on the way home from work -- they had one. I fell in love and exchanged the Gear 2.

Now, there is a little part of me that misses the Gear 2 -- just little things, but overall -- and definitely I'm a fan of the curved face and love the lightness of it -- so I'm keeping the "S".

But if that customer hadn't noticed my 2 and asked why I didn't have the S - I would never had heard of it.
    dorrien12 and aitt like this.
    11-17-2014 10:53 PM
    Another unbiased review. http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...ng-gear-s.html

I think we will start to seer more and more as these get into the wild

Active55 likes this.
    11-18-2014 09:34 AM
    Still pretty negative. CNet did one recently too, and frankly I don't think the reviewers have used it enough to get it.

I've worn it every day since I got it and while it is not perfect it is pretty good. That said, I'm a good sized guy, so it does fit my wrist better than some.
    11-18-2014 11:06 AM
    I thought that article was very good; not negative. He even praised the battery life!

After seeing the photos of the Gear S out of its' wrist band, it made me wonder if anyone might use the Gear with the battery pack installed as a small pocketable pebble phone? Inaddition, someone could make a small pocketbook wallet that the Gear installs into too. Hmmm, the possibilities out of its' wrist band...
    11-18-2014 11:27 AM
    It wasn't a good review at all. Scott Stein is an Apple guy and anything Samsung gets lots of subtle and not so subtle digs.
    11-18-2014 03:17 PM
    and he wasnt right about some of the features, like only getting notifications if it is in bluetooth, that isn't true. As long as you have sim card, it will just connect remotely....
    11-18-2014 03:24 PM
    I don't know what yall read or skimmed he made very valid pros and cons that has been touch in this forums. He also recommends it. Not apple oriented at all. He liked the simplicity of the UI and Opera but hated the cradle. He mentioned glare which there is. He was wrong in the remote connect. I'm sorry this was pretty unbiased review. He touched on a lot of good and some things that need a working out.

"Overall, would I recommend it? Yes, I would. If you are in the market for a smartwatch anyway, then this does provide a unique take on what a watch can do. The standalone features (albeit limited) do have a place. It does feel good to go for a coffee without the phone and be able to text “running late” from your watch. That alone makes the Gear S worth a look. Although, in fairness, you might want to wait for the price to drop a little."

11-18-2014 03:43 PM
    Maybe, but look, I skimmed it and got the feeling that he did not like it. "Size is a problem" stood out. As well as "Confused yet? Welcome to the Gear s" (paraphrased)

And I have and like mine.

If I got a negative vibe from a scan how do you think the people who are on the edge, or new to the concept, feel?
    11-18-2014 04:40 PM
    Maybe, but look, I skimmed it and got the feeling that he did not like it. "Size is a problem" stood out. As well as "Confused yet? Welcome to the Gear s" (paraphrased)

And I have and like mine.

If I got a negative vibe from a scan how do you think the people who are on the edge, or new to the concept, feel?
    That's the problem he was saying if size is a problem for some they may not like it, which is true. That was stated from people on here and other places. And welcome to the Gear S is the introduction into his review. It wasn't even a bad remark, there are people in this forum still confused on how the standalone and connection works. I don't skim reviews when I invest I research, look and check out. Now I can't speak for everyone as same as you you cant. One only has to look at this forum to see people asking questions. But really that's all irrelevant. I posted an unbiased review showing people that reviews are coming. Yall are stating it isn't but no one took the time to read the detailed article except for active55.

The one thing we can all agree on, as even in the articl we, is this is a great device.

11-18-2014 04:54 PM
    Guys i saw a punch of reviews up weeks ago that's how I ended up buying the watch Cnet has about 5 videos but honestly they are bias against the Samsung gear s watch Idk?

11-29-2014 02:45 AM