Why am I having a problems connecting my Bluetooth to the phone and Bose Series 2 earbud?

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Having a problem Bluetoothing to phone and Bose Series 2 earbud.

While my Gear S is connected to my Note 4 I can connect (shows connected) to my Bose earbud but the calls still go through my Gear S speaker (call initiated from Gear S). I don't have the option to transfer to the Bose. If the Gear S drops the Note 4 bluetooth connection, I can then use my Bose normally through the Gear S.

Anyone have problems being blue toothed to both the Note 4 and earbud through Gear S?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having a problem Bluetoothing to phone and Bose Series 2 earbud.

I don't have a Gear S, but is there a way to connect the earbud to the Gear S (in the Gear S)? It seems logical that if the earbud is connected to the phone, but the calls are going through the Gear S, the calls would go through the Gear S's speaker, unless the Gear S is told to handle the calls differently. (You may need an earbud that can make 2 different connections at the same time - one to the phone and one to the Gear S. Motorola makes at least one that can.)

denilsonsantos

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

I have a Bluetooth helmet connected to gear S and face the same problem. I need to push the button to transfer the call to phone

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I've gotten it to work by rebooting the Note 4, but that's a pita. Otherwise, the headset is useless.

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I notice with other bluetooth devices but the Gear Circle eliminated those issues for me.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if my post is helpful. When I had my Bose BT headset, I was unable to simultaneously use it with my Note 4 and Gear S, so I recently bought a Jabra BT headset, and now I am able to be paired and connect to both. In order for me to use my Bose BT headset with my Bose on my Gear S, I had to uncheck the Call Audio and Media Audio on my Note 4, then check those two boxes on my Gear S; and when I wanted to use my Bose BT headset with my Note 4, I had to first uncheck those 2 boxes on my Gear S, then check those 2 boxes on my Note 4. Basically, for some reason...Bose only allows for 1 bluetooth connection at a time, thus I got rid of it.

Attachments

• 1416507892959.jpg
    1416507892959.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1416507909987.jpg
    1416507909987.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19

ncmommy02

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

Please see this site to use multi point technology that the Bose 2 headset does have. You can connect to both devices and use the headset with both. Just follow the instructions as I almost gave up my new Bose headset until finding the helpful link I will post in next thread entry.

ncmommy02

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

It will not allow me to post the link so simply Google or search bose multi point connection for Bose 2 headset and it will tell you how. Basically you turn off the primary device you want it connected to with priority then hold call button and plus volume until it blinks once every two seconds then make the second device search and find the device and then they are connected via multi point technology. Hope this helps!

ncmommy02

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
If you follow the link above by ncmommy02 the Bose Series 2 headset does have multipoint technology capability.

ncmommy02

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

You can follow the post I added and connect both devices and it will use the Bose headset successfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis