Gear Circle with the Gear S

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I have to give my review but my initial thoughts is solid after doing an exchange because the touch volume didn't work.

If you do plan on buying I strongly suggest pairing them through Gear and not thru Bluetooth settings. I think that's everything started off wrong.

However I am able to both pair to my Note 4 and the Gear S. I think some people said they could not transition from the Gear S to BT headphones if the Gear was connected to the phone. If that is the case I can tell you that you can with the Gear Circle. It successfully showed a Bluetooth headphone option and not the device I previously experienced with other bluetooth headphones. I think that may have to do with Gear Manager downloading software after the initial sync.

Gear manager will show you battery life for the circle and custom setting you can manage.

In addition you will not have issues controlling the media being played through your phone and controlled by your Gear S. They work effortlessly.

Happy hunting.

Posted via the Android Central App

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm still looking for a stereo bt headset that's mic does not suck. I tried one out on Saturday and other end said mic was as bad as they come.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Was told i sounded crisp and clear. I had a bad unit that sounded muzzled but the replacement was great

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my initial review of the Gear Circle is this:

Great headphone integrated into a great ecosystem

First off these headphones are loud. Now I’m no headphone guru and don’t buy a lot of premium headphones, but these are excellent. They are loud, crisp and well built.

I’m not going to go into a lot though because this is in regards to its integration with the Gear S as well as Gear Manager. They work well. Really well. I had some other Bluetooth headphones that I had paired up with my Note 4. When I got a call on the phone and answered on the Gear the only option to switch was switch back to the device for the call (I haven’t retested this since the latest update in Gear Manager). So in order for me to answer, I had to hit the call button on the headphones.

With the Gear Circle, I now have the option to transfer the call to the headphones from my Gear S. Something that I really needed since I’d be an ***** talking on my wrist while on a motorcycle. Even more convenient, Gear Manager has a voice answer setting for your Circle so when you get a call and hear who it is, you can say answer or reject. The way it’s set up, however is once you transfer to the headphones, you can transfer back to your Gear S.

You can pair the Circle to both the phone and the Gear S. I don’t know if there’s any conflict with doing so yet, but I had no issues when it showed paired to both. This would be great when you’re out and about in Standalone mode of the Gear S.

The headphones have a power button, touch volume, and call button. Bad news is there’s no media control buttons. So you can’t just change music on the Circle. The good news is you can with your Gear S. In my case this is much easier as I can change tracks on my watch as I wouldn’t be able to anyways on my motorcycle with a helmet on. It shows that Samsung really wanted to integrate their devices together and it’s done well.

There are other features lock magnetic clasp answer and hang up, and having it start and stop music. You can also get notification alerts, but it will only tell where the notification is from (Gmail, Facebook, etc). Come also with neck support braces to secure the Circle around your neck when doing activities.

The microphone is excellent. I still have yet to talk while on the bike, but my wife said I sound perfectly clear.

The last time I bought a Samsung phone was the Infuse and that was what 2009? 2010? I have bought 3 products within a 2 month span and am satisfied with where Samsung products are heading.

jackiespino

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Samsung fan since the original Note -- but within the last month I have bought the Note 4, Gear 2 and exchanged it for the Gear S, and today the Circle. I'm a bit embarrassed by my purchasing spree -- but I love how they all 'get along'.

It's a beautiful thing.

jackiespino

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, it's late and I'm tired -- so this may be a very obvious one -- but pairing through Gear, how?

When I bought my Circle this afternoon the sales guy at ATT just paired it with the Note -- is that wrong?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it's late and I'm tired -- so this may be a very obvious one -- but pairing through Gear, how?

When I bought my Circle this afternoon the sales guy at ATT just paired it with the Note -- is that wrong?

No. As long as it shows up in the Gear Manger you're good. Gear Manger should have download some software.

And to answer your Gear question

Settings connections bluetooth BT headphones

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I looked at these headphones in Best Buy today. Nice phones but $100. Bought a pair of Plantronics Go 2 instead for $42. Actually, my LG Tones are working fine with the Gear S, I just wanted to try some phones without the neck piece.
I may yet spring for the Circle but It'll be when the price comes down a bit.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I looked at these headphones in Best Buy today. Nice phones but $100. Bought a pair of Plantronics Go 2 instead for $42. Actually, my LG Tones are working fine with the Gear S, I just wanted to try some phones without the neck piece.
I may yet spring for the Circle but It'll be when the price comes down a bit.

Yeah I don't ever buy headphones and most I'll pay is $30-$40, but I feel these are worth it since they integrate with Gear Manager quite well. I also like that they aren't as intrusive as the LG unless you option it with the neck brace.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought these and absolutely hated them. When I took them back to T-mobile, the guy that helped me is a big Samsung Fan boy and the first thing he said was, aren't those terrible?!
I used them without the clip and with the clip and just found them not very easy to use. First of all, I don't want to have to clip them and the unclip them every time i go to the gym or run. Without the clip, the were constantly sliding around.
I enjoyed the Gear Manager feature but not enough to warrant keeping them.
I want to note that before I purchased them aitt was kind enough to answer a lot of questions that I had and it is greatly appreciated.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was concerned about them being heavy. I haven't used them for running. But I know when I wear my head cap for my bike the stay on firmly. I don't buy high end headphones so for me these are great. But I can easily see them being annoyance. Motorola headphones would stay on better. But for my motorcycle and feedback on conversing on the phone these work for me.

But they do slide very easy. Hopefully the 2nd Gen improves greatly

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I love my set up using the note 4, gear S and gear circle, my fiancé thinks I'm a dork walking around with my circle on at all times, but she just doesn't understand, hahaha. Thanks for this thread as it let's me know that I am not the only one! Oh, and having the circle paired with both phone and watch, I have not seen any issues. There was one day when the fiancé was calling and I tried to answer on the circle it seems that the call got bumped around between devices and I couldn't answer on any of them. It went on for a few minutes until I disconnected the circle, then I was fine.

Galaxy note 4( Black)
Galaxy Gear S (Black)
Galaxy Gear 1-Tizen'ed(Black)
Galaxy Tab 4- 7"(White)
Galaxy Tab 2- 10.1"(Black)

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Here's my Samsung toys (and my gear 1 is missing from the pic, I can't wear both! Or can I ?!?!?! :)

Galaxy note 4( Black)
Galaxy Gear S (Black)
Galaxy Gear 1-Tizen'ed(Black)
Galaxy Tab 4- 7"(White)
Galaxy Tab 2- 10.1"(Black)

Attachments

• 20141211_092208.jpg
    20141211_092208.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 111

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried to like my Circle..... but still find my backbeat Go2's unbeatable for running and skiing. I ran with my Circle once and now it sits on the shelf with numerous stereo BT devices.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when I wear a collared shirt people on the other end of the call can't hear me as well. I have to take them off and put the heavy part of the headset in front of my neck vs around the neck. Where is the mic on these?

BTW, I have a set of Jaybird Bluebud X stereo BT headphones I thought were the best but these have much better sound, awesome battery life, and fit right in with my Note 4 and Gear S. Love them just want to resolve the sound quality for those I'm speaking too.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when I wear a collared shirt people on the other end of the call can't hear me as well. I have to take them off and put the heavy part of the headset in front of my neck vs around the neck. Where is the mic on these?

BTW, I have a set of Jaybird Bluebud X stereo BT headphones I thought were the best but these have much better sound, awesome battery life, and fit right in with my Note 4 and Gear S. Love them just want to resolve the sound quality for those I'm speaking too.

Mic on right ear piece.