Let's see it on your wrist.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Got it from the Samsung Gear App Store....

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-12-19-15-26-24.jpg
    2014-12-19-15-26-24.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 84

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
She's here, I finally got my White Dummy Gear S (replacement band). Oh what a difference a lil color makes. I feel like I got a brand new watch...:D

Attachments

• 1421789647331.jpg
    1421789647331.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 1421789660400.jpg
    1421789660400.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 1421789673860.jpg
    1421789673860.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 1421789685689.jpg
    1421789685689.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 80

alan44

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Curlball Infinity Watch

the creator put up a couple of posts about it earlier today but they seem to have disappeared - hopefully he's been bought out rather than "taken out" by Apple!

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Curlball Infinity Watch

the creator put up a couple of posts about it earlier today but they seem to have disappeared - hopefully he's been bought out rather than "taken out" by Apple!

I just bought it for $1.99, how's the 🔋 life so far?

Last edited:

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hilarious because I have been asked by a few people if my watch was an Apple watch... I shake my head say it is a Samsung and the Apple watch is not out nor will it do most of the things my watch can do. :-*

alan44

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
re battery life you probably have a better impression yourself by now

i had the clock face always on today and it's currently showing 62% charge
(OK my S4 was switched off by mistake most of the day. I was then bombarded with notifications & emails when i realised and turned it on. Not sure how much battery or data that consumed or saved)

The Samsung Milk Music app has just appeared in Australia so I'm going to try that with a BT earpiece - but I have to say in my use case so far the battery life has been great - the S4 usually runs out of juice before the Gear S, but both seem to be quick and easy on the recharge.

Even if i start making more calls from it, try streaming music when running, cycling, down the gym or wherever, I can't see battery life being such an issue for me given how easy it is to recharge. I don't get the negative comments "who needs a watch or a phone you have to charge every day" or even more than once a day

whatever I will buy an extra charger - probably a proper Samsung one (for when the plastic tabs break!) or maybe a couple of cheap Chinese charge only cradles - if i read more that they are a safe option just for charging
(not only did I leave the S4 plugged in but switched off all day, I then left the Gear S cradle at work)

... which is not to suggest I'm super cashed up and jumping at the bit to spend money on extra accessories - like what other accessories would one need to buy?
I'm hoping this thing will save me money in limiting data charges and other costs cf my previous set ups

I've posted elsewhere how I think the acquisition and ongoing usage costs of the Gear S + compatible phone ...(especially if as some posters have suggested the latter is purchased 2nd hand) ...compares favourably with say buying an iPhone (never mind an iWatch) - yes of course one needs to be able to afford to buy the combo in the first place but not everyone with an iPhone is cashed up gadget freak

Compare for example the price of an extra Gear S charger with one of those little $35 Apple adapters very many people had to buy (vs chuck out their old accessories) when Apple changed to the lightening adapter (I'm not knocking Apple for that, just stating the obvious that there is an expense the customer has to bear to keep up with backwards compatibility ... and that expense is often ridiculously high viz a viz $35 dollars --?35 UK pounds for a little bit of plastic that cost maybe $1 to make )

Maybe Samsung could work it both ways down the line - future iterations of their cheaper phones will presumably have more up to date versions of Android - so they could if they chose offer the Gear S as an option to those users too - not just higher end phone purchasers.
All Samsung customers are locked into the Samsung ecosystem - so it goes.
The company may be on the verge of releasing some very expensive phones.
Not hopefully to try to establish themselves as purveyors of exclusivity but rather to show they can compete at the high end whilst continuing to offer a portfolio of phones across a range of affordability - a win win for everyone

One thing I did notice today the Gear S lost about 20 minutes versus real time until I re-paired it. I'm sure thats a glitch so I'm not too worried - but yeah who wants a $300 techno watch that doesn't tell the right time!

Another thing whilst I'm off-thread -- It's 46 degrees in the shade over here - (maybe thats why my battery is supercharged)

When i mounted my iPhone on the car windscreen (using yet another expensive accessory) it would soon fry and alert me to cool it down.
I'm sure there were better workarounds than I tried - using a BT headset, Siri, headphone wires getting tangled up with the steering wheel etc.
To be legally and safely hands free and keep my eyes on the road I had to use a windscreen or dashboard mount.

I'm kind of thinking/hoping the Gear S will offer a more workable solution to that - clearly not currently for in-car directions - but I'd be able to dig out one of those old screen mounts to use with the S4 for in-car directions should i need them when i reach the city

Last edited:

alan44

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
lg.jpg

To get back on thread:

Gear S alongside my (upside down) defunkt LG wrist phone from circa 2010

It was a great watchphone with fantastic potential, but sadly wasn't supported for very long. Like not many people saw the use-case - go figure!

Last edited:

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The time issue might have to do with a bad tower time.

The watch gets the time from the tower (especially if it isn't connected to the watch via BT). Since it is using 3g there maybe a 3g tower that is off, even though the 4g towers are all correct.

That is a layman's explanation, and probably not 100% correct as I fit in the layman category in this area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance