02-21-2015 02:40 AM
57 123
tools
    I'm back! Actually I never left. The truth is that the gadget addict in me was not able to return the device.

I found a nice little niche in my day to day usage that the Gear S will fit into just fine. I now leave my 360 connected at all times (avoiding the pesky reconnect issue I had previously mentioned) and I only use the Gear S to track my sleep and for my workouts. Obviously during my sleep I wouldn't be able to handle notifications anyway so the S does its job monitoring my sleep (I have sleep apnea so this is one of the things I really wanted to use) and it wakes me in the morning without having to have a loud, obnoxious alarm. Then, since the battery only drains about 20% over night, when I wake up I take off to the gym and use it to stream my music to my BT headset, and as a phone (calls & texting) if necessary (leaving my phone and 360 behind at home). Any other notifications I receive during that hour are not substantial enough to annoy me if they accumulate until after my workout. Once I get home, I switch to my Note/360 combo and leave the S on the charger so it'll be ready when I come back from work. My 360 does a delightful job during the day mirroring my Note 4 and at night as a nightstand clock so I'm a happy camper.

I figured the $5 I spend a month on the Gear plan is equivalent to just a couple of my cups of coffee so I might as well keep it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tech_fan likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:39 AM
    Ha. Sucka

jlczl and Sammuel1973 like this.
    12-03-2014 01:25 PM
    Ha. Sucka

LOL

12-03-2014 01:29 PM
    For me, I was getting ready to leave on vacay and wanted to charge up both batteries so, i could swap them out as needed. The DW called and wanted me to run to Target. So, I was originally upset becauise I had to pull the phone off charger and charge it later. Then I realized, I could just take my watch and leave the phone on charge. Once again, the convenience of watch came through.

Another time, it was raining and the phone was ringing. My hands were full with the umbrella and I could not reach into my pocket and grab the phone. I noticed that the DW was calling. Although, she can ignore my calls, she hates it when I ignore her calls. So, I answered it on my phone. Once again, the GG S pulled it off.

With my Moto 360 most people tell me that they like the Gear S better and thinks it looks better. My wife wonders what I will do when I get rid of my gas cap watch? If I ever need a gas cap in a hurry, i will not be able to use it. LOL
    12-04-2014 05:00 PM
    It's funny, I get asked a lot about my watch. When I have the 360 on they always ask, "can you make phone calls with it?" and I'm like, no but my other watch can! LOL.

Interestingly enough, I get more questions when I have my 360 on eventhough the Gear S looks more "gadgety" to me.

12-05-2014 08:48 AM
    I think it's the same between the two. But I get more inquire about the Gear S because it's easier to notice. The 360 is usually because I'm swiping.

Which is why smartwatches will more likely remain at a niche product until sadly the iWatch is released. So many company advancing technology and Apple gets all the notoriety. Just like wallet payment.

kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-05-2014 10:12 AM
    I just wanted to say thank you for this entertaining, descriptive adventure with your two smartwatches! It really was helpful. I currently own a samsung gear 2, and I really don't like tizen. I am an huge android fan, and I use everything google. Android wear seems perfect. I just need a better platform. The most important features for me would be the camera, heart rate, google voice, the ability to answer calls, reply to messages and interact with twitter and facebook. Is that too much for a girl to ask for? ♡
    02-21-2015 02:40 AM
57 123