Samsung Gear S: It sweats....anybody else?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I had it on a little tight and afterwhile it felt funny. It seems to make my wrist sweat. So I loosened it and it still feels the same way. Gonna wear on other wrist for a day or so and switch back to see.

Anybody else having discomfort issues while wearing and loving their new Gear S?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Brightness: Auto (slightly dim)
Screen timeout: 30 seconds
Motion: Unchecked wake up gesture (also turned off from phone in Samsung Gear)
Bluetooth: on
WiFi: off
Mobile: Auto/off
Forwarding: on
Remote connect: only when needed
Notifications: calls/missed calls, sms, family map, alarm.

Battery usage:
First day: 15.5 hrs
Used battery charger (got 41% from it) after got another 14hrs
Second day: 16.5 hrs.
Third day: had off charger since Sun 9am (so far 22 hrs), am at 51%. (Got a few phone calls and a few text messages.

36 hrs @ 10%

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Only notifications; phone, & sms,

Thanks for those settings. I've adjusted a couple of mine to match yours and hope to get better battery life. How about location? Do you have that on? I just noticed I did and I don't think I need it on so I turned it off.

Posted via the Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for those settings. I've adjusted a couple of mine to match yours and hope to get better battery life. How about location? Do you have that on? I just noticed I did and I don't think I need it on so I turned it off.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't use the location either.

I have changed two settings;

1) I now have auto forwarding off, it was showing the gear number when I called someone.
2) Remote Connect is on - so when loose Bluetooth connection I can use the phone on the gear s.

ebosco3

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mines a little but it's ok , when you lift your arm to check time does your notifications' show ? On mine I have lift arm then tap again to show notifications

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Mines a little but it's ok , when you lift your arm to check time does your notifications' show ? On mine I have lift arm then tap again to show notifications

Leave your watch set so that it awakes to the last screen it was on before the screen goes to sleep. Then set your notifications to list form. With those settings, you should see your list of notifications when your raise your arm to look at the watch.