Gear S Watch Faces

AVFlores

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been messing with the watchstyler app and created a couple cool faces. I've just been drawing up originals in photoshop. Make the page 8.25" x 11" and just start drawing shapes. When your happy with it, save a jpeg and send it to your phone.
Here are a couple of mine.>.....
1st one took me a while. spent all night but it might be a lil overboard.
Screen-20150224034220.png

2nd one I made very simple with a signature on top. Its clean so I've been using this mostly
Screen-20150224040629.png

Happy styling! :cool:

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I was messing with watchstyler and wanted to know if there is a way to make a face that the hand sweeps once for 24 hours, like this watch:

slow_jo_watch_3.jpg

AVFlores

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
So I was messing with watchstyler and wanted to know if there is a way to make a face that the hand sweeps once for 24 hours, like this watch:

I dont think that would be an option in watchstyler. It is very possible with a little coding on a widget but I haven't come across it yet.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you watchmaker people thought about making one that looks like the face of a grandfather clock? That might be kinda cool for us old fogies!

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am kind of fogie and nerdy at the same time and would like to see this one as a watch face.

complication 12.jpg

How about a cuckoo clock? Give a little crow every 15 minutes, yea that would drive my OCD friends crazy especially set on random crow times. hehehe

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone should do this watch. I would probably pay 5 bucks for it if it did the 20 Complications of the original.

Grande Sonnerie
Petite Sonnerie
Minute repeater
Date repeater
Alarm with time strike
Strikework mode display – Silence/Grand Sonnerie/Petite Sonnerie (S-G-P)
Movement power-reserve indicator
Strikework power-reserve indicator
Strikework isolator display
Second time zone
Second time zone day/night indicator
Instantaneous perpetual calendar
Day-of-week display
Month display
Date display (on both dials)
Leap year cycle
Four-digit year display
24-hour and minute subdial
Moon phase
Crown position indicator (R-A-H)

PatekPhilippe5175RGrandMasterChime-42.jpg

Of course there are only 7 of these watches in the world, 6 available for purchase at 2.6 million dollars each.

http://blog.dreamchrono.com/2014/10/patek-philippe-grandmaster-chime-5175r-001/

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I figured out how to get a 24 hour watch on my Gear S. I got an app called wearable widgets from the Gear app store. Think it was 2 bucks or something. Now I can put widgets from my Note 4 right on my Gear S clock face. Very cool. Here are two I just added.

Screen-20150225134017[1].png

Screen-20150225134335[1].png

AVFlores

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
The best I can do is recreate the exact look. I'm not to savy when it comes to programming all of those functions, unless someone wants to team up. lol
Im currently recreating this montblanc watch that I love:
0108-MontblancMinervaTourbillon2.jpg
I will post when I'm finished. :cool:

Attachments

• montblanc-grand-tourbillon-heures-mysterieuses-watch.jpg
    montblanc-grand-tourbillon-heures-mysterieuses-watch.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 81

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Many thanks to the suggestions on this thread. I was upset with Samsung over the charging cradle breaking along with the lack of watch faces so, I bought a Moto 360 once again and was tickled with the number of watch faces. I also completely forgot about the use of Illustrator so, now I feel like the device is more useful to me.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Does this kill the battery? The other day, I tried this and my battery was dead within about 4 hours.

It does not KILL it but it reduces it more so than the default digital face... but some folks want it to wake up to the face.

I get two days or more out of my battery so I am fine with the digital clock popping up when I gesture vs my watch face every time I move.

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What watch face do you use. I colorful one eats a lot more battery than a simple black and white.

My wife has a Putin face, and true to form he pulls all the power when allowed. So he is only allowed out on special occasions.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time, it doesn't kill the battery. Check your other settings; brightness, display time, motion on or off etc

When I tried it the other day, the battery was at 100% when I left home and when I drove for about 3 hours it went down to 35%. I will have to try the other settings to determine what is going on. I do know that while I was driving, I was in some spotty coverage areas so, that might have been part of the reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77