Golf Navi

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
In a press release back in September, Samsung announced that the app Golf Navi, a GPS rangefinder, was available for the Gear S. So, I went out and got the watch today and tried to find the app in the Samsung app store and it was not there. Does anyone have any updated information on the availability of this app?

Here's the presser I referred to.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's available on Play Store, free and paid versions. But read reviews first. Try the free version first. The paid version is $35.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Is this available for gear s? I knew that it is only available for galaxy gear 2.

Check the link to the press release above that says it is already available for the Gear S.

My confusion about this is that it doesn't appear on the Galaxy app store as a Gear S app within the Gear app on my phone.

Also, in response to Ntchwaidumela, the version of Golf Navi on the Play Store specifically says it supports Android Wear and not the Galaxy Gear.

Last edited:

Dada K

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I like it. This app can be run as standalone(without your phone.) I tried at several golf courses recently in both New York and Orlando areas and it worked well. It drains the battery fast but I was able to play the entire 18 hole round with about 10-12% of the battery life left as long as you leave the "clock always on" off.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I like it. This app can be run as standalone(without your phone.) I tried at several golf courses recently in both New York and Orlando areas and it worked well. It drains the battery fast but I was able to play the entire 18 hole round with about 10-12% of the battery life left as long as you leave the "clock always on" off.

Got my Gear S and tried the demo. It does seem to use a lot of battery so I think I'll use Nike Golf on my Note.

Posted via the Android Central App

btrish

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Why would anyone want to buy this app. I tried the trial app for Cedarwood CC in Charlotte, NC. Checking the distances with the course markings. I found that the software was consistently 13 to 20 yards off. Sonocaddie and Golf Pad showed the course markings with these apps were in agreement. Why would I want to use it when I am away from home when it was not correct for my home course.