06-26-2016 04:57 AM
150 123 ...
tools
    It has always been very difficult to clip the charging cradle on the gear s. but all of a sudden yesterday, it will no longer fit at all. So, I was on with support, and they provided me with shipping label ( ups 2nd day ) and i sent them the watch and charging cradle. They are most likely replace both items. The charging cradle, while it holds it own charge, is not the best thought out device, because it shouldn't be that hard to clip it on!!
    12-10-2014 08:17 AM
    I just line it up and lightly press on the bottom right corner. Works every time.
    Ntchwaidumela and sirCLD like this.
    12-10-2014 08:21 AM
    Should just had taped it on... I kid.

I hate the cradle design.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ed Tranosky and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    12-10-2014 09:56 AM
    Wish the charger was made on the watch like cell phones.
    Ed Tranosky likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:25 PM
    Yeah, but that might add more bulk to an already bulky watch.
    aitt likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:41 PM
    Wireless charging the best way. I actually like the cradle I just hate the way it's built. But the extra charger makes it definitely worth it.

sirCLD and Mom2Ninjas like this.
    12-10-2014 01:10 PM
    I put my charger on my Gear S last night just before bed. The light came on the cradle, as always. When I got up this morning the watch was dead. Took the cradle off, put it back on, the blue light came on. Inserted the mini usb plug and the S started charging from zero. A couple of hours later it was fully charged and working. Go figure. The cradle attachment is not Samsung's best engineering effort.

As far as attaching the cradle, the method that works best for me is: line up the cradle on the back of the watch. Hold the cradle in place with the right thumb pressing against the lower right corner. Use the left thumb to press against the upper left corner. Cradles snaps right into place.
    12-10-2014 02:02 PM
    I tried charging with it on and it kept shutting off, he got a little hot as well. Waited for it to cool off then it charged fine. Will be watching the next few times.
    12-10-2014 02:31 PM
    There are slight variations: with the Tmo Gear S I had, it was difficult to figure out when the charger was connected correctly. There was no real click.
    The ATT version I have is easier to connect.
    I doubt it's a carrier specific thing, but what this tells me is that manufacturing must be very precise, otherwise alignment is just off enough to cause issues.
    Ed Tranosky likes this.
    12-10-2014 08:29 PM
    There are slight variations: with the Tmo Gear S I had, it was difficult to figure out when the charger was connected correctly. There was no real click.
    The ATT version I have is easier to connect.
    I doubt it's a carrier specific thing, but what this tells me is that manufacturing must be very precise, otherwise alignment is just off enough to cause issues.
    The little indicator LED on the charger lights when it connects.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-15-2014 01:34 AM
    Mine was stiff at first, and the lining up helps. Now, it just clicks in.. I can imagine something happening if it is not lined up and just regular force is used. IMO, something could go amiss. .

Samsung should fix the problem with the OP's Gear S.

Let us know how this turns out...
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:18 AM
    Mine had a similar issue with the charger last night. Verizon is covering it. Basically, the plastic hook it the back of the charging cradle broke and that is why mine would not stay attached. So, till mine comes in, I have to use a zip tie or rubber band to hold it in place while it charges. I have owned all the generations of Galaxy Gear and this design is by far the worst.
    01-04-2015 06:59 PM
    My charging cradle no longer will stay connected to the watch.

Everything was working fine until last night when I went to connect the cradle and was shocked it would not attach?

I will work with Samsung to get it replaced or repaired, but I am a bit disappointed that after only 2 months of use to be experiencing a hardware failure. :-(

01-10-2015 08:15 AM
    I decided to buy another cradle from Amazon. I found it for $20 with Prime shipping. It will be here on Monday.

I was going to contact Samsung product support, and still may do so, but I decided to spend $20 and buy another one then deal with the hassle of sending my watch in and waiting for I don't know how long to get it back.

01-10-2015 08:28 AM
    I had to swap watches, didn't have any problems with my first cradle. But this second one, doesn't act right. It lines up but I have to be careful with it, it looks like one of the pins are bent down slightly.
    01-10-2015 11:28 AM
    I decided to buy another cradle from Amazon. I found it for $20 with Prime shipping. It will be here on Monday.

I was going to contact Samsung product support, and still may do so, but I decided to spend $20 and buy another one then deal with the hassle of sending my watch in and waiting for I don't know how long to get it back.

I'm real curious to see how this works out.
    01-10-2015 11:44 AM
    I'm real curious to see how this works out.
    Once the new one arrives I'll provide an update.

The bad part of all of this is that there is no other way to charge the watch. If the cradle breaks or is damaged the watch is rendered useless.

It's the weekend, so as a backup I'm using my original Galaxy Gear. It's kind of a bummer not having my Gear S.

01-10-2015 01:25 PM
    Once the new one arrives I'll provide an update.

The bad part of all of this is that there is no other way to charge the watch. If the cradle breaks or is damaged the watch is rendered useless.

It's the weekend, so as a backup I'm using my original Galaxy Gear. It's kind of a bummer not having my Gear S.

Do you have a link to the $20 charger?

I only see some for $50+.

01-10-2015 08:04 PM
    I hope he didn't order the one for the FIT in error.
    01-10-2015 08:37 PM
    Do you have a link to the $20 charger?

I only see some for $50+.

I am so sorry and feel so silly.

I did in fact order the wrong cradle. I was so excited to have purchased a cradle for $20 that I didn't pay full attention to what I had ordered. I mistakenly ordered the cradle for the original Gear. :-(

I have since ordered the correct cradle for the Gear S. Since I'm prime member the wrong cradle has already shipped so I'll just send it back.

dorrien12 and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    01-10-2015 10:51 PM
    I am so sorry and feel so silly.

I did in fact order the wrong cradle. I was so excited to have purchased a cradle for $20 that I didn't pay full attention to what I had ordered. I mistakenly ordered the cradle for the original Gear. :-(

I have since ordered the correct cradle for the Gear S. Since I'm prime member the wrong cradle has already shipped so I'll just send it back.

Samsung now has the cradles on their site. If you register the gear s with them don't they still give out the 50% off coupons for accessories?

If so, I can buy 2 cradles for the price of 1. I was hoping they had the replacement bands as well.
    01-11-2015 10:47 AM
    Samsung now has the cradles on their site. If you register the gear s with them don't they still give out the 50% off coupons for accessories?

If so, I can buy 2 cradles for the price of 1. I was hoping they had the replacement bands as well.
    Samsung might have them on their site for $29.99 but I've tried to order one several times and they are always on back order. The only accessory they have on their site for Gear S and they don't have them. And if you order from Amazon they only have the white one for $49.99
    dorrien12 likes this.
    01-11-2015 12:27 PM
    Samsung might have them on their site for $29.99 but I've tried to order one several times and they are always on back order. The only accessory they have on their site for Gear S and they don't have them. And if you order from Amazon they only have the white one for $49.99
    Just checked Amazon and they'll have the black one back in stock this week. But guess what... it'll be $59.99!

01-11-2015 03:12 PM
    I ordered the one for $49.99. I ordered the white one although my watch is black.

But I figure since it's just the charging cradle the color doesn't matter.

Ntchwaidumela and yyy999deba like this.
    01-11-2015 04:25 PM
    Ever since I started following this thread, I am super crazy careful when attaching and detaching my Gear S from the cradle. If this place is any indication, the cradle has quite a high failure rate

Having to spend money on a second cradle due to QC or design issues would not sit well with me. I'm curious how your dealings with Samsung customer service will go, DAS.
    01-11-2015 09:38 PM
150 123 ...