Greetings.

I ordered my Gear S in-store on December 11. Store employees stated that they ran out the day before. My T-Mobile account shows the order and that the unit is on backorder.

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone have any idea when these might ship?
    12-13-2014 08:16 PM
    Greetings.

I ordered my Gear S in-store on December 11. Store employees stated that they ran out the day before. My T-Mobile account shows the order and that the unit is on backorder.

I'm not with T-Mobile but it sounds as if you ordered at a local store. Did you ever try online? I'm thinking they would have access to all the warehouses and be able to pull from the closest one and mail it to you.

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone have any idea when these might ship?
    12-13-2014 10:20 PM
    I'm not with T-Mobile but it sounds as if you ordered at a local store. Did you ever try online? I'm thinking they would have access to all the warehouses and be able to pull from the closest one and mail it to you.
    I did say that I ordered it in-store at the beginning of my post. No, I didn't try online, as I wanted to get one as soon as possible, so I went to a store. The employees checked all the inventory in all the stores in town, all sold out. I didn't go back to try online because I figured an in-store order would get shipped at the same time as an online order if T-Mobile was out of stock.
    12-13-2014 10:44 PM
    I did say that I ordered it in-store at the beginning of my post. No, I didn't try online, as I wanted to get one as soon as possible, so I went to a store. The employees checked all the inventory in all the stores in town, all sold out. I didn't go back to try online because I figured an in-store order would get shipped at the same time as an online order if T-Mobile was out of stock.

Understood. I was saying though is that it may be the case that the website has access to more inventory than what is in your area and you may get it faster going that route.

Take my case for instance: I'm with Verizon. I was looking for the white Gear S but the only option available in my area was the black version. I didn't buy the watch the first time I saw it because they didn't have it in white. It just so happens that I went back into the store on Black Friday and the watch had dropped $100 in price so I jumped on it. I figured out that I could get a white strap online which is what I did.

To bring this story to a close, at that very time I could have gone to Verizon's website and ordered up a white one and had it delivered to me overnight but they hadn't discounted the watch on their site yet so I didn't go that route. I'm saying it could be the case with t-mobile. Not guaranteeing anything, just trying to help.
    12-13-2014 11:34 PM
    On a whim I called in to the order line. All orders are on backorder: Telephone, Internet sales and in-store sales.

Bummer.
    12-14-2014 11:02 AM
    On a whim I called in to the order line. All orders are on backorder: Telephone, Internet sales and in-store sales.

Bummer.

Wow, that is a bummer. Doesn't seem like they ordered very many. I don't think I've come across another person with a Gear S in person since I bought mine on Black Friday.
    12-14-2014 11:26 AM
    I also noticed that it's sold out on the Tmo website, and as wondering why. Has been for a while.

OP, you could buy one at your local ATT store and if you want to use a SIM card in it, just get it unlocked: it would be cheaper and you'd get it sooner. Just a thought.
    On advise on unlocking, see some of the threads in this forum.
    12-15-2014 03:34 PM
    I also noticed that it's sold out on the Tmo website, and as wondering why. Has been for a while.

OP, you could buy one at your local ATT store and if you want to use a SIM card in it, just get it unlocked: it would be cheaper and you'd get it sooner. Just a thought.
    On advise on unlocking, see some of the threads in this forum.
    But if he is not an existing AT&T customer, it is very YMMV.
    12-15-2014 03:45 PM
    But if he is not an existing AT&T customer, it is very YMMV.
    True, but there is a great UK Ebay seller selling unlock codes for around $16... and even with that, the end price would still be cheaper.
    12-15-2014 03:51 PM
    Just jumped into the same boat waiting for backorder to clear. 12/14 ordered from local tmobile store. Cannot get more information than that it seems on my end. They have no idea on fulfillment date. Thanks to OP though for making me more aware this has been going on it is not just me, I just started looking stuff up once I seen my order status.
    12-15-2014 05:16 PM
    I canceled my order at T-Mobile and got one from Verizon. Not only were they in stock, but the store forgot to take down the placard with the $249.99 promotional price. The manager honored the price for me. Every once in a while, I win one.

I go a lot of places where T-Mobile has no signal (remote-er parts of Colorado and New Mexico), so this isn't a total bummer for me.

I've had it for a day now, and I can truly say I like it. It's met expectations, and loves to tell me when I need to get off my **** and walk a bit, which was one of the reasons I had for getting one.
    dioxian likes this.
    12-16-2014 11:49 AM
    I canceled my order at T-Mobile and got one from Verizon. Not only were they in stock, but the store forgot to take down the placard with the $249.99 promotional price. The manager honored the price for me. Every once in a while, I win one.

I go a lot of places where T-Mobile has no signal (remote-er parts of Colorado and New Mexico), so this isn't a total bummer for me.

I've had it for a day now, and I can truly say I like it. It's met expectations, and loves to tell me when I need to get off my **** and walk a bit, which was one of the reasons I had for getting one.
    The backorder for me turned out not to be that long, just charged the bank account so now we just have to wait for the tracking # and shipping. That is cool you found such a deal though, thanks for the update. I am updating also so people know there was light at the end of the tunnel
    12-16-2014 12:21 PM