Welcome the new addition

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Wife got me a Gear S for Christmas and I am very pleased . Really love the big curved screen, build quality and overall sexiness of this watch. One concern, battery life. What's the typical battery life for low to moderate use? I know individual battery life will vary. Also any battery saving tips would be helpful. As always, thanks in advance.

004e362765420d21bafb7d8072ea9441.jpg

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations...My wife gave me one as well. I wear it all day, receive all my notifications, fb, instagram, google+, home security, twitter, s health, etc. Answer some calls, text, etc. I read a few news briefs and listen to 2 songs I'm learning to play a few times during the day. And by 11:00pm I'm at around 54% to 50%. I'm not using 3G. I'm connected to my Note 4.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
There is a pretty lengthy thread about battery life and the many variables that can cause shorter battery life... Remotely connected vs Bluetooth, gps turned on, screen brightness etc.

I typically get 2 almost 3 days but some people that use it mostly as a stand alone or streaming music might only get one day...

U might want to search for that thread though because a lot of the threads when the watch came out at the beginning of November have the best info. A lot of people are just getting watches and asking some of the questions asked then and not getting as much information.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a few Amazon gift cards for Christmas so I decided to buy one. Should be here tomorrow. AT&T version $299, no contract. Can't wait! For the time being I do not plan to activate 3G, just use connected to my phone.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
My wife got me one as a Christmas present, too. So far, with the phone on auto, WiFi on, and BT off (mostly), I've gotten about a day out of a full charge. No real phone calls yet (one "test").
I like the look. I think the curved screen keeps it from looking too bulky.

Posted via the Android Central App

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I love mine! I have had mine for a month or so, and it has been amazing ever since. One thing I do like about it, the charger holds a charge itself, so you can charge it on the go without having to plug it up!

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2
Galaxy Gear S/ Gear 1 Tizen
Galaxy Circle

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using mine as a stand alone since I got it and the battery hasn't been stellar. I have adjusted a few things to see if that will help. I will watch it over the next few days and the next several charges. I really love the look and build quality of this watch. Love it.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using mine as a stand alone since I got it and the battery hasn't been stellar. I have adjusted a few things to see if that will help. I will watch it over the next few days and the next several charges. I really love the look and build quality of this watch. Love it.

It gets better battery life when Bluetooth connected.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So with the Bluetooth connected your just tethering from your phone to the watch and not as a stand alone? ?

correct I don't care to give out a new number to a bunch of people and or forward my calls that much. (I have to reset my youmail every time I forward my calls)

I am tethered to my phone most of the time... Battery life is much better that way.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
correct I don't care to give out a new number to a bunch of people and or forward my calls that much. (I have to reset my youmail every time I forward my calls)

I am tethered to my phone most of the time... Battery life is much better that way.
Cool, makes sense and if it helps with battery life, that's a huge plus. Thanks for the tips.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have tweaked the settings a bit using it as a stand alone and battery life has improved. Still not great but much better than the first few days. Perhaps it just needed to go through a few charging cycles.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Be carefully with the clock faces you install. Some of them might eat the battery way too fast.
Yeah, I still have one of the stock faces on it. Was thinking about installing a different face but that was one of my concerns. Does anyone know if there are plans to bring more "mainstream" apps to Tizen OS?

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What mainstream? Like Netflix? I doubt. Tizen is already dead while android wear is starting to conquer the market. I tried to make a simple app for it aned I know first hand that Samsung doesn't want anyone to make any serious stuff for it. First of all, the sdk has absolutely no native code support what so ever. I doubt it is even possible without somekind partner contract with Samsung. Second the platform is full of bugs. Constantly crashing, giving blue screen of deaths and so on. And third the api given for the stupid javascript programs is very limited.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
What mainstream? Like Netflix? I doubt. Tizen is already dead while android wear is starting to conquer the market. I tried to make a simple app for it aned I know first hand that Samsung doesn't want anyone to make any serious stuff for it. First of all, the sdk has absolutely no native code support what so ever. I doubt it is even possible without somekind partner contract with Samsung. Second the platform is full of bugs. Constantly crashing, giving blue screen of deaths and so on. And third the api given for the stupid javascript programs is very limited.
Ahhh, well that's a little disappointing although I guess if I really need to check FB or twitter I can just use my note. Any reason why samsung wanted to go with Tizen over Android for the watch other than Tizen is Samsung OS?

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, well that's a little disappointing although I guess if I really need to check FB or twitter I can just use my note. Any reason why samsung wanted to go with Tizen over Android for the watch other than Tizen is Samsung OS?

They probably want to get rid of google. Not just with watches, but also phones and tablets. It just aint so easy to kill android with those. Maybe they thought that the watch is still baby enough to do it. Also, probably easier for them to implement required things like wifi with own OS than something google controls.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

you can set up short cuts on opera to use twitter, facebook, google + and email if you don't have the phone handy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpIRfw6aN4k

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol