Any Gear 1 owners switch Gear S?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to see if any gear 1 owners had switched to gear S and if so, what your thoughts are? I have the gear 1 and wondered if it would be worth it to go to the gear S. Thanks in advance for any input.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched.

The original Gear is an amazing device and even though I purchased the Gear S I kept my original Gear.

However, the Gear S is worth the upgrade in my opinion. The screen is incredible, and the added functionality of a 3g connection means that I don't need to carry my phone with me when jogging.

I do wish the Gear S had a camera though. Many people thought the original Gear was silly to have a camera, but personally I used it quite a bit.

Both devices are good, but if you're able to swing it you will not be disappointed with the Gear S.

Posted via the Android Central App

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
DAS, Thanks for the info. Haven't seen the Gear S yet, does it seem a little large?

That would probably be matter of personal opinion or taste, but I don't find it large at all.

In fact, this week I have had to use my original Gear, and now it seems small. You get used to the size, or at least I did, and with the curved screen the size is actually useful.

Posted via the Android Central App

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have both the gear 1 and S. Have you upgraded your gear 1 to tizen yet? If not, I suggest doing that. I fell in love with my gear 1 all over again. Now for the gear S, I am so happy I got this watch! It fits amazing and it just looks great. I wish I could wear both of them at the same time, lol.

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2
Galaxy Gear S/ Gear 1 Tizen
Galaxy Circle/ Gear Level speaker

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Here is a pic of them on my wrist together......

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2

Attachments

• 20141125_223527.jpg
    20141125_223527.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 88

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2

I need to ask about how you are liking the level speakers?

Posted via Android Central App

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2

Honda-Dave, Thanks for the info and the picture. I haven't converted the Gear 1 to tizen yet. Not sure I will. The only thing that frustrates me is that Samsung basically left us early adopters out in the cold as far as apps. Not so sure they won't do the same thing with Tizen. (But in all honesty I am not sure there are many apps that would be beneficial on the Gear!)

mikeyking

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Had a gear 1 and even bought my daughter one for this Christmas. Bought myself the Gear S and I will be selling my Gear 1 as I definitely won't be going back. Battery life is excellent even when I have the 3G settings on all the time.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Had a gear 1 and even bought my daughter one for this Christmas. Bought myself the Gear S and I will be selling my Gear 1 as I definitely won't be going back. Battery life is excellent even when I have the 3G settings on all the time.

Mikeyking, Thanks for responding. So far everyone seems to be pleased with the decision to move on to the Gear S.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I think u should take the plunge Rsmin u won't regret it. I skipped the 2, the fit, and the android wear watches but I love this watch I wear it daily (didn't even do that with my gear 1) and feel naked when I don't have it on.