02-05-2015 02:40 AM
27 12
tools
    It was reported early on when it was first released, Gear S will have a tough time connect remotely if you leave wifi ON unless both your phone and the watch are on the same wifi network. It was a bug in Samsung's firmware. So, turn off wifi is an advise for those with issues connect remotely.

I was playing around with Gear Manger yesterday and realized one setting OP may have overlooked. In Gear Manager->Settings, make sure you checked the box 'Use Remote Connection'.
    02-03-2015 07:26 AM
    I'm pasting in (below) the information I just posted on my other thread about this. Just an FYI, I was told by the store folks that one cannot view browsers nor receive notifications from browsers on the Gear S. I dunno if that's true or not, I don't care because I don't need nor want that functionality. I'm just passing the info along for others. I never did get Opera on my watch after installing it on my phone.

I apologize PROFUSELY! In all my posts on this problem I used the words "stand-alone" and that is incorrect. What I was trying to accomplish was to do this with the phone in REMOTE/CONNECTED REMOTELY fashion.

I took my phone back to the VZW store and they have an employee there who they claim can work magic with problems which she did. She managed to get me set up and working ... except originally when I left the store my weather was updating on my Gear S. Now it hasn't updated since Friday and I don't know why it stopped and so far have not been able to fix.

She told me to do a reset on the watch if something goes kaflooey but so far I'm not willing to do that because I've had sooooooo many problems, I don't want to mess up what she's done to make everything else work right. I realize I can do a backup and restore via the Gear Manager but fear a restore will just bring back the problems I'm trying to get rid of. Should have done a backup soon as I got home from the store and didn't think of it.
    02-05-2015 02:40 AM
27 12