AT&T Gear S firmware update is out

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just received a notification on my AT&T branded Gear S for firmware updated. It is a 33MB download and according to change logs, it seems to be the latest OA7 release (mine is still installing). From my memory, the changes are:
1. Day light Savings Time bug fix
2. New themes and styles
3. General bug fixes and stability improvements..

That makes last of the 4 US branded versions of Gear S updated to the latest firmware. This coming Sunday is the official start of DST in US. So it looks like AT&T took its sweet time until last minute to test and release the update.

EDIT: the firmware version is 1AOB1, newer than the 1AOA7 saw on other Gear S updates.

It also now reports storage usage on the Gear Info screen. The older version doesn't report this information.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Took several minutes with several reboots and drained battery from 88% to 71%...but everything seems to be working nicely.
BTW, don't like the new watch faces.

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T Gear S firmware update is out

Got mine a few minutes ago. You can also add ringtones into the ringtone folder. I loaded an mp3 format photon torpedo sound muhaha
d7e582b572a30fef195ccdaf75ccb5bd.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&amp;T Gear S firmware update is out

I want that ring tone mountainbikemark. Installing the update now. Ringtones will be great. I'll trade you for this one I have, used to work on the airship toting this bad boy, oh yea!

Brrraappp!

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Might be me but it seems that it now separates the Gmail emails to be able to read the whole email and not just a preview. Maybe I never noticed but could never read the Gmail when there was more than one.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Might be me but it seems that it now separates the Gmail emails to be able to read the whole email and not just a preview. Maybe I never noticed but could never read the Gmail when there was more than one.

I could read them all before just had to dismiss the top to read the next, dismiss it to see next,.... I like the new way better as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&amp;T Gear S firmware update is out

Did I miss the ability to reply to Gmail in the past, both canned or keyboard message or did they add that in also?
And also aftermarket text apps. Did I sleep through being able to reply to them as well without using canned messages only?
I just went from being infatuated with this watch to loving it.
I can't initiate a text from Handcent but I can from messages. I can't initiate an email from Gmail but I can from the email app but can reply fully to both Gmail and Handcent now.

Last edited:

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss the ability to reply to Gmail in the past, both canned or keyboard message or did they add that in also?
And also aftermarket text apps. Did I sleep through being able to reply to them as well without using canned messages only?
I just went from being infatuated with this watch to loving it.
I can't initiate a text from Handcent but I can from messages. I can't initiate an email from Gmail but I can from the email app but can reply fully to both Gmail and Handcent now.

I think it's all new
SVoice is MUCH MUCH better

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm stoked. Got this update yesterday, and Lollipop on my Note 4 today. It's like I have two new toys :)

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Fleksy is back and works, just like the Samsung keyboard, on all apps. From what I read the update getting pushed to all carriers was the hold up of it being back on the Gear Store.