06-13-2015 06:25 AM
47 12
tools
    This is my last attempt to solve some issues before i return the gear s for the gwatch r. I am remotely connected and Bluetooth connected. Gps off. Motion open is off. Connection is on auto. Screen brightness is on auto. Have a stock watch face and no apps loaded. My battery is terrible. I charged it to 100 percent then went to bed woke up with 33 percent. No use at all and was connected to bluetooth all night. When i charge it the clock screen goes on and off for no reason. If i get a call the screen comes on and wont go off till i manually push the home button. What else can i do. I want to be connected via bluetooth and remotely throughout the day and get a full day out of the watch is it possable?
    03-06-2015 11:21 AM
    On the Gear app which apps do you have set to notify? I'd check there first to see if there's something constantly attempting to sync with the watch. On my Fit the Google Calendar wreaks havoc on my battery if I have an event pop up and I don't immediately dismiss it. That's just an example of I feel your pain about but it works fine on the S.
    As far as it waking and not going back to sleep, again in the Gear app try keep screen off for notifications and see if that helps .
    One more thing in the Gear app, go to settings, motion and uncheck both and see if that helps. On my Note2 phone motions was a battery hog so I them off on my Note4 and Gear S
    Hope that helps . If not you might have a lemon device that you could possibly trade for another S before giving up.
    The clock screen going on and off is the motion sensor. For some reason Samsung put it so when it's charging and you move it at all the screen wakes but it goes back off. If yours is doing it without you moving the watch it sounds like you might have a bad sensor. The motion sensor being on constantly could also explain your battery drain. If you've got motion set to wake the screen set to on that sensor never sleeps, using battery power.
    03-06-2015 11:39 AM
    Thanks i will look into your suggestions.
    03-06-2015 12:28 PM
    Ok all i have on now as far as notifications go is messages and incomming calls. Right now i seem to be losing 10 pecent and hour with no use. Hope it gets better. Keep the suggestions comming.
    03-06-2015 12:33 PM
    Do you have Wi-Fi off on the watch ? I didn't see where that was listed either way. I know it sounds silly but have you tried power off the watch, leave it off for about 2 minutes, power back up?
    You said you're using a stock clock. Is it one that syncs with your phone for weather and stuff? If so check it's settings for sync times. The longer between syncs the less battery used.
    03-06-2015 12:36 PM
    Yeah. I have wifi off. And the weather sync is set to manual. I have done a factory reset twice. I just uninstalled the gear manager and reset my phone, did a reset on the gear and turned off all battery hogs. Also only have phone calls and messages checked for notifications. The screen seems to be back working normal and shutting off. We'll see. Thanks
    03-06-2015 01:55 PM
    One more thing. On your phone do you have any battery saver apps that might be causing Bluetooth to not stay synced, thus the data network turn on on the watch?
    If what I'm reading above is right, sounds like your Gear manger was the culprit
    03-06-2015 02:06 PM
    You need to exchange it Chad. My AT&T gear s is typically still 70% charged after a day of constant notifications at work. I keep it paired to my Note 4 95% of the time and battery life is great. It sounds like you got a dud.

You might want to try a hard reset if you haven't done that. If that doesn't solve it, take it back for an exchange.
    03-06-2015 02:41 PM
    I don't think you can be both remotely and Bluetooth connected simultaneously. To be remotely connected bluetooth has to be turned off on the watch. At least that's the way mine works.

And I'm not referring to the remote settings on Gear Manager.
    03-06-2015 10:31 PM
    I don't think you can be both remotely and Bluetooth connected simultaneously. To be remotely connected bluetooth has to be turned off on the watch. At least that's the way mine works.

And I'm not referring to the remote settings on Gear Manager.
    You can have both radios on though, using battery. The op said they have theirs on auto, which I also use, that switches on the 4g (AT&T has 4g not just 3g) radio when Bluetooth connection is lost then back off when Bluetooth is connected again. Sort of like Wi-Fi on your phone will circumvent the data network.
    03-07-2015 05:21 AM
    Most of us leave BT on all the time and cell network on auto. This way, the watch auto switches depending if your phone is nearby or not. That's how this watch is designed to do out of box.
    03-07-2015 07:31 AM
    I'm sorry to the OP to take this OT but how specifically does one do this auto thing and will it help battery life?
    mountainbikermark likes this.
    03-07-2015 07:53 AM
    No problem shaggy. When i uninstalled everything and did a factory reset on the gear all seems to be good now. I did pick up a gwatch g and am lo ei g it so far. I left the gear at home remotely connected to see how battery life is that way.
    03-07-2015 12:56 PM
    Lost count how many times I've had to do that. Fixes many issues but it's annoying to have to do this so often and just doesn't seem right to me.

Finally got "the bugs" out of mine, all was working great and then the last upgrade messed things up especially one of the most important things to me, the remote connection.
    03-07-2015 01:47 PM
    I'm sorry to the OP to take this OT but how specifically does one do this auto thing and will it help battery life?
    It is designed this way. You don't have to do anything. And it works fine for most of us. When I was on remote connection mode all day, the battery barely lasted to the evening. Now I'm on bt connected all the time, my watch still have 75% of the battery left for the same time.
    03-07-2015 03:28 PM
    On your watch go to settings, tap connections , tap mobile networks, tap the Mobile Networks, choose auto. If you're on Bluetooth most of the time you can choose always off to improve battery life a very little. You'll have to toggle the data network on using method described above when you're not connected to Bluetooth if you want your stuff forwarded to the watch.
    03-07-2015 04:27 PM
    No problem shaggy. When i uninstalled everything and did a factory reset on the gear all seems to be good now. I did pick up a gwatch g and am lo ei g it so far. I left the gear at home remotely connected to see how battery life is that way.
    Looking forward to reading how it went.
    03-07-2015 04:28 PM
    Well battery issue is solved. I took the gear off the charger around 7:30am. Left it on remote connection at home until 5:00pm. It still had 75%. I had been texting throughout the day so it was seeing some action i guess. But it is way better than before. Now that i got the gwatch r i cant decide lol. I like both for different reasons. Help me make up my mind guys. Ive been researching all day.
    mountainbikermark likes this.
    03-07-2015 07:19 PM
    Most of us leave BT on all the time and cell network on auto. This way, the watch auto switches depending if your phone is nearby or not. That's how this watch is designed to do out of box.
    I actually leave BT off full time on my Gear S. It improves the battery life on my Note 4 and I still get calls/texts and notifications on the watch. The battery life on the watch lasts me about 1.5 days this way.
    03-08-2015 09:53 AM
    Looking forward to reading how it went.
    This is what I normally do. with the fact that I cannot use Bluetooth at work and that I do use a Bluetooth headset at home any other version other than keeping the remote connection going without Bluetooth makes things quite inconvenient. I'd have to either turn bluetooth on to use my headset or turn it off to go to work and turn it on when I got back home.

Prior to the upgrade that came through a few weeks ago I thought I had decent battery life because it would last me a full day on my watch. Now I find that many days even with the same average use my battery is shot after 8 to 12 hours and I have to plug my watch in. The upgrade really screwed with my battery life. On my watch. I have great battery life on my note 3.

Additionally before the upgrade I was getting all my notifications. Post upgrade I get some but not all. I've also found that my watch is disconnecting from my phone too often.

I actually leave BT off full time on my Gear S. It improves the battery life on my Note 4 and I still get calls/texts and notifications on the watch. The battery life on the watch lasts me about 1.5 days this way.
    03-08-2015 01:23 PM
    This is what I normally do. with the fact that I cannot use Bluetooth at work and that I do use a Bluetooth headset at home any other version other than keeping the remote connection going without Bluetooth makes things quite inconvenient. I'd have to either turn bluetooth on to use my headset or turn it off to go to work and turn it on when I got back home.

Prior to the upgrade that came through a few weeks ago I thought I had decent battery life because it would last me a full day on my watch. Now I find that many days even with the same average use my battery is shot after 8 to 12 hours and I have to plug my watch in. The upgrade really screwed with my battery life. On my watch. I have great battery life on my note 3.

Additionally before the upgrade I was getting all my notifications. Post upgrade I get some but not all. I've also found that my watch is disconnecting from my phone too often.
    Have you tried uninstall/install the Gear app? Latest reviews on it state many are having problems that are solved by starting from scratch on the app. I would also think, just like phones, a factory reset after a firmware update is not a bad thing to do if you're having issues.
    03-08-2015 03:40 PM
    Yes many times since I got it. No device should have to be uninstalled and reinstalled this often. One if the few things that really bugs me about the watch.
    03-09-2015 12:13 PM
    just exchange it sounds like you have a defective piece, I have my ATT Gear S on from 8am to 5pm all day at work pulling weather,text,email and come home to the battery in the 70s' at worst 60's percentage
    03-10-2015 07:26 AM
    just exchange it sounds like you have a defective piece, I have my ATT Gear S on from 8am to 5pm all day at work pulling weather,text,email and come home to the battery in the 70s' at worst 60's percentage
    Do you have it remotely connected or by Bluetooth?
    03-10-2015 11:28 AM
    Do you have it remotely connected or by Bluetooth?
    I'm wondering the same. My watch is in auto and there's times throughout the day that I'm away from my phone and at the end of my work day I'm usually at 20%. I leave gps off am wifi off
    03-11-2015 05:01 AM
47 12