Hello all. I am posting this here assuming the issue I am having is similar to the Gear S and because there is a lot more activity here than the Gear Fit forum.

I have the Gear Fit and is there any way to get my Fit and my Note 4 to work together to show me a total number of steps at the end of the day rather than the number counted by my phone and the number counted by my Fit? Reason being...during the day I don't use my Fit...my phone counts my steps. In the evening...I walk my dog and wear my Fit but leave my phone home. I would love S Health to show me the total steps I have taken for the day by working that number out between the two devices (not adding them) and taking into account when both are counting/used at the same time. I don't think it would be that difficult...both have clocks and can cross reference steps based on the time of day.

Does the Gear S do this?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4
    03-30-2015 08:45 AM
    That's not the function of watch but rather S Health app on your phone. You can manually switch back and forth on your phone's S Health app to take pedometer from phone or from watch, or rather enable/disable phone's pedometer function and see what happens.
    03-30-2015 08:52 AM
    Agreed...I believe it is a feature that should be a part of the S Health App. Switching back and forth is not the problem...that only gives me the number each device has counted. I was wondering if it is possible to merge the number of steps (taking into account overlapping steps when both devices are used at the same time) to give me a total number of steps taken on that particular day. Even when I am wearing my Fit and carrying my Note 4...I sometimes put the phone down and walk around my office...several times a day...these steps continue to count on my Fit but not on my Note 4. Can't they both be synced to give me a grand total...or show me an ongoing total number of steps I'm taking?
    03-30-2015 09:15 AM
    I never got it to work like that with my Fit but when I use my Fit part of the day and S part of the day it does sync both and separate them with a total of both. Perhaps s health will add that feature an in update .
    03-30-2015 09:26 AM
    I'd just wear the watch all the time. S Health app is a mess and I'd never expect Samsung do something like that.
    03-30-2015 10:17 AM
    But what about all of my other watches in my collection? Don't they deserve a chance to get worn once in a while?
    03-30-2015 12:37 PM
    But what about all of my other watches in my collection? Don't they deserve a chance to get worn once in a while?
    That is why you have 2 wrists
    sirCLD and mountainbikermark like this.
    03-30-2015 04:10 PM
    note 3 on lolipoop here with s health 3.5 and gear fit. Unable to get steps to show in S health at all.
    03-30-2015 08:14 PM
    note 3 on lolipoop here with s health 3.5 and gear fit. Unable to get steps to show in S health at all.
    Do you have the phone set to read the phone or Fit?
    Do you have sync set up checked or unchecked in your Fit app on the phone?
    03-31-2015 02:57 PM