GPS on your Gear S

kenyaone

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have serious issues with GPS, 90% of time it doesn't work. Even when data is on. Even it in a field!! I took it to Samsung dealers (it was only 10 days old) they fiddled around with it for a few days and said it was fine?? Still doesn't work. Samsung know there is a fault with some of these units. I've seen it all over the web. But they refuse to take responsibility.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I find it useless. You can't navigate without the phone tethered. Even tethered, it only does walking, not driving. This is with the built-in Here Maps.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Using s health I've had 0 issues with gps during workouts. I don't think there is a stand alone map app for me to try out is they're?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Here map can be standalone use. Just can't navigate with it. GPS with S Health is also quite useless as S Health only uses it for location mapping, not actually used for distance calculating.

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Here map can be standalone use. Just can't navigate with it. GPS with S Health is also quite useless as S Health only uses it for location mapping, not actually used for distance calculating.
I don't think that is true. I've gotten decent distance tracking from the watch when in standalone mode on bike rides. It wouldn't have any other way to calculate the distance.

It is fairly common amongst fitness watches to trust pedometers above GPS if both are available, so it wouldn't surprise me if it defaulted to that method for running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781