05-30-2015 09:47 PM
31 12
tools
    everywhere i go people are like, "oh wow is that the new iwatch, man that's cool". people have been saying this since day 1 when there was no such thing yet as an iwatch. cracks me up.....aren't we all excited that apple has finally invented the smartwatch. well, about as excited as i was when they finally invented the 6in screen.
    dorrien12, xendula and nmcbryant like this.
    04-13-2015 10:34 AM
    Hahaha, now imagine how I felt when for months people asked me if mine was the iWatch...and I have the Moto360! Not even the same form factor! hahaha but oh well.

One guy even swore on his children that his boss had the 'iWatch' on the day it was announced... I just walked away and left haha
    04-13-2015 10:37 AM
    hahahaha.....people are so clueless...i have to give apple kudos for brilliant advertising and indoctrination.
    04-13-2015 10:42 AM
    Actual conversation with an iPhone owner:

Them: so yours is called the Gear S?
    Me: yes.
    Them: and it has been out for how long?
    Me: almost 6 months.
    Them: and it can function as a full phone with messaging in the absence of your phone?
    Them: can the iWatch do that?
    Me: no.
    Them: we (Apple fans) are a bunch of blind idiots aren't we?
    Together: laughter...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4
    04-13-2015 12:59 PM
    Glad it was him who brought it up :P

But as cool as the Gear S being a 'stand alone' watch, there's also the fact that it uses a separate SIM card, and for some carriers, that means an extra voice/data plan. And not all are 'cheap' even if it's for a watch. But yeah, it's cool that you don't actually need the phone to have those functions.

And also let's give Apple credit where credit is due: Their product integration is really good. iMessage will still be a selling point of this, and there are features the Apple Watch will be able to access that Android Wear (if it ever shows up with iOS support) won't, or any other 3rd party watch for that matter. And Android Wear is not even all that well integrated on Android itself yet.

There are goods and bads in both sides. iUsers only seem to think that Apple invents everything when in fact they haven't done that in a while. They IMPROVE on it and make it tight with their ecosystem, but not invent it...and nothing wrong with that. It's just not good enough for some of us
    04-13-2015 01:09 PM
    Lol I've had all the talks above then I tell them...
    Oh yeah it's also not called an iwatch it's an apple watch because Apple decided to change things up and no one is calling the watch by the correct name not even the loyal followers. LOL
    04-14-2015 06:59 PM
    I get that all the time about my Gear S. I don't expect the masses to know its a Samsung Gear S. I show it to them and then explain that it can stand alone without a phone connected to it and they're dazzled.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷
    04-14-2015 07:59 PM
    04-21-2015 08:28 AM
    I have noticed a little similarity...

sick of people asking me about my "iwatch"   :)-30035846-pd-2.jpg

sick of people asking me about my "iwatch"   :)-20150421_105511-1-.jpg

Big head little watch, little head big watch, I don't know probably just me.

lol
    04-21-2015 12:00 PM
    I don't know, I think the Apple Watch looks more like the Zen watch
    04-23-2015 01:28 AM
    I have budgitApp 's back for sure!
    04-23-2015 11:43 PM
    Maybe you guys can show them this video on your Gear S:

pinkivy98 likes this.
    04-28-2015 03:01 PM
    I love it when people ask me about it as I have the apple watch face on there and all i think its funny how many people have no clue about smart watches
    04-30-2015 08:27 AM
    I couldn't agree with you more. I was asked almost on a daily basis by people was that the new iwatch, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. I am surrounded by iPhones and ios people all day long at work so any chance I get to show them what the Gear S can do, it brings a smile to my face.
    Ultraman666 and Jude526 like this.
    04-30-2015 10:40 AM
    I couldn't agree with you more. I was asked almost on a daily basis by people was that the new iwatch, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. I am surrounded by iPhones and ios people all day long at work so any chance I get to show them what the Gear S can do, it brings a smile to my face.
    Tell them yes, make a remote call on it, do a browser session remotely, etc then when they get theirs that won't do that you'll truly have the last laugh.
    sirCLD likes this.
    04-30-2015 11:40 AM
    I'm almost at the point of stop wearing it. It takes the luster out for me cause every ****, & Tom being dicks ask about my new Smartwatch. I just gotten to the point of just saying no.

Which pissed me off more because Apply did what they do best, advertise and promote.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2015 02:52 PM
    Tell them yes, make a remote call on it, do a browser session remotely, etc then when they get theirs that won't do that you'll truly have the last laugh.
    But it's like mf* I BEEN wearing this for 6 months and you NOW noticing it. So damn annoying.

04-30-2015 02:53 PM
    But it's like mf* I BEEN wearing this for 6 months and you NOW noticing it. So damn annoying.

Until seeing they put out a release date I didn't know it wasn't already out because I didn't really care. Most are like that, oblivious, until Apple began to advertise and the professional reviewers went gaga , as usual, of "the wondrous new technology that Apple invented again". Even the pros are sheep at times. No biggie, just let them bask in their ignorance or, like I wrote above, show them what your "Apple watch" will do and laugh when theirs won't and they won't ask you how you got yours to do that out of fear they aren't as know it all as that attempted to be.
    There's an old saying "those that think they know it all annoy the crap (other expletive) out of those that do".

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    04-30-2015 03:06 PM
    Decent video review. Only part I disagree with and don't get is how he says many think the sim card is overkill. I don't think so at all. I leave my phone in my car or at home a lot. If I go into the mall or shopping for lunch, etc., I don't need to have my phone with me. Riding bikes, working in the yard, etc. I don't need my main phone with me. In fact the main reason I bought the S is the sim card capability. I won't buy a non stand alone wearable. I really think that doing so is what's crazy.
    04-30-2015 10:57 PM
    Decent video review. Only part I disagree with and don't get is how he says many think the sim card is overkill. I don't think so at all. I leave my phone in my car or at home a lot. If I go into the mall or shopping for lunch, etc., I don't need to have my phone with me. Riding bikes, working in the yard, etc. I don't need my main phone with me. In fact the main reason I bought the S is the sim card capability. I won't buy a non stand alone wearable. I really think that doing so is what's crazy.
    If the Apple watch had a SIM card onboard it wouldn't have been called overkill on the S.
    It's just the way it is.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-01-2015 05:52 AM
    Ha! I came here to post the same. The first time this happened, this girl asked me if it was the new Apple watch and I looked down at my wrist to see if we were meaning the same device. I was like, no, it's a Samsung watch. Her answer was "oh but it looks JUST like the Apple watch".
    It was followed by a short conversation of her telling me that oh yeah, the Apple watch is too expensive anyway (as if that explained why I was wearing a cheaper watch (?) and me telling her that mine had a built in GPS and can make calls all by itself. I don't think she was listening, she had that airhead look on her face. I think she was phantasizing about owning an Apple watch.

The same thing happened to me when the iPhone first came out and suddenly my HTC was no longer some big slab but the iPone. Sheeesh.

I do like the fact that wearables are no longer a niche now, with every joe and jane suddently taking interest. Only good things will come out of this.

Exactly!
    05-01-2015 07:24 AM
    If the Apple watch had a SIM card onboard it wouldn't have been called overkill on the S.
    It's just the way it is.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Once Apple add a SIM card in a few years then it want be overkill in fact everyone will think it was just invented & it's a great idea.
    05-02-2015 08:56 AM
    Ha! I came here to post the same. The first time this happened, this girl asked me if it was the new Apple watch and I looked down at my wrist to see if we were meaning the same device. I was like, no, it's a Samsung watch. Her answer was "oh but it looks JUST like the Apple watch".
    It was followed by a short conversation of her telling me that oh yeah, the Apple watch is too expensive anyway (as if that explained why I was wearing a cheaper watch (?) and me telling her that mine had a built in GPS and can make calls all by itself. I don't think she was listening, she had that airhead look on her face. I think she was phantasizing about owning an Apple watch.

The same thing happened to me when the iPhone first came out and suddenly my HTC was no longer some big slab but the iPone. Sheeesh.

I do like the fact that wearables are no longer a niche now, with every joe and jane suddently taking interest. Only good things will come out of this.

Exactly!
    LOL...why does this story sound so similar to some of my interactions with ifans?
    05-02-2015 09:01 AM
    Once Apple add a SIM card in a few years then it want be overkill in fact everyone will think it was just invented & it's a great idea.
    Apple didn't invent the SIM card ?
    In actually phone watches have been around since before the turn of the century.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-02-2015 10:10 AM
    OK, so I am officially in the club. For the first time today, somebody asked me if my watch was the Apple watch. I'm like NO, this is the Samsung watch phone that I can use WITHOUT my phone.
    sirCLD and xendula like this.
    05-02-2015 07:30 PM
31 12