Endomondo on gear s?

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use this other than me?
Besides the fact that it is not a stand alone app and you need the gear s to be bt connected to your note 4 I do like it.
Lately though I have been getting the message on my gear s in the endomondo app during a run or a workout
"Failed to connect to service".
When I press the screen or change to one of the other screens it usually goes away. It seems to be more annoying then anything. The workout isn't stopped just the heart rate info gets suspended for a time.

With the new updates in s health maybe it's time to ditch endomondo until the have a standalone app version for the gear s. I just really like b it. Ugh.

Others using it? Thoughts?

willkirk3

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey castone001...I use the endomondo app all the time on my Gear S. It's a great app for the Gear S but unfortunately, just about every time I use it, the app on the watch loses the connection to the app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge). When this happens, the watch app just shows a spinning wheel while it appears to be trying to reconnect to the phone app. Sometimes it does reconnect automatically and sometimes it doesn't. The good news is at least the app on my phone doesn't stop and keeps on recording my run. This sounds similar to the issue you are experiencing. I just sent in a help request to endomondo to see if anyone else has reported this issue and hoping they can provide some suggestions and/or a solution...we'll see.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes same issue with mine except I get a message o the gear s saying failed to connect to service. Sometimes it reconnects other times I have to restart the gear.
Frustrating as he k and what's more frustrating is I asked endomondo and they replied stating they have no plans to make it standalone on the gear s.
I was soooooo looking forward to using the app on gear s and leaving my big note in the truck or home.
No luck.
So...I use the app on the gear but honestly the only benefit is the heart rate monitor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX