So I will (hopefully) be picking up my Gear S this coming weekend.. This is my question. I have my unlimited data plan with ATT can I still use this watch if I do not have the mobile share plan??

*update*
    So after a little Google fu, It looks like I can still use it but I would have to pay an additional 30.00$ a month for the line and the data..I am not sure if I really want to do that.. I have seen a few people here mention pay as you go plans... Has anybody actually tried that yet??
    04-21-2015 12:44 PM
    Think it as another phone line. Whatever you have to pay for another phone line will be the same for watch unless you have family share plan.

OTOH, you don't have to use another line and pay for voice and data if all you use is Bluetooth connected to your phone.
    04-21-2015 04:39 PM
    So I will (hopefully) be picking up my Gear S this coming weekend.. This is my question. I have my unlimited data plan with ATT can I still use this watch if I do not have the mobile share plan??

*update*
    So after a little Google fu, It looks like I can still use it but I would have to pay an additional 30.00$ a month for the line and the data..I am not sure if I really want to do that.. I have seen a few people here mention pay as you go plans... Has anybody actually tried that yet??
    I have AT&T Unlimited data and I didn't want to pay $30 extra so I basically use it as Bluetooth. But there are plenty of threads where other AT&Ters have gotten a T-Mobile Sim card for $15 a month. I haven't gotten one yet, but I did buy my Gear S outright (no contract) from AT&T & I got them to unlock it. I won't need the Sim for another month so can't tell you how I like it. But search, cause others have done it.
    04-21-2015 05:01 PM
    With Telus I got a SIM card for an add on device (tablet) and use it in my Gear S. It is $5/month and shares the data on my phone...no minutes are included though so I pay per minute when I am connected remotely over the Telus Network.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4
    04-21-2015 11:51 PM