Because I would be coming from Gear Fit.
    07-03-2015 09:59 AM
    Actually I think it would all still sync with S Health. Maybe I answered my own question. :-)
    07-03-2015 10:01 AM
    I came from a Fit to the S. Do a backup before switching over .

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 11:02 AM
    I came from a Fit to the S. Do a backup before switching over .

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Do you still use the same gear manager app as you did with the Fit?
    07-03-2015 11:18 AM
    Gear Fit uses Gear Fit Manager. Gear S uses Gear Manager. Two different apps. I have both and I have to put two on two separate phones so that they don't interfere with each other, e.g. one takes over the notification completely.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 11:35 AM
    Gear Fit uses Gear Fit Manager. Gear S uses Gear Manager. Two different apps. I have both and I have to put two on two separate phones so that they don't interfere with each other, e.g. one takes over the notification completely.
    I had a feeling the Gear Manager was for the S. I am trying to figure out how I am going to transition without losing any data. Since you have been there, tell me what you thing about this plan. I can do a back up sync of my fit watch. Then unpair it from my phone and turn it off. Then turn on the S and pair it with my phone. After that I can reset the fit watch and give it to my sister for her birthday.
    07-03-2015 12:13 PM
    The health data is inside S Health and it should be just there once you synced your fit. There is really nothing to backup as S Health data are stored in the cloud via Samsung Account. Don't make it too complicated. Both Gear Fit and Gear S need a Samsung phone as host in order to work/initialize. More so on the fit. I have two Gear Fits and can't give it away for this reason.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 01:32 PM
    I had a feeling the Gear Manager was for the S. I am trying to figure out how I am going to transition without losing any data. Since you have been there, tell me what you thing about this plan. I can do a back up sync of my fit watch. Then unpair it from my phone and turn it off. Then turn on the S and pair it with my phone. After that I can reset the fit watch and give it to my sister for her birthday.
    I had the Gear fit then transferred to the Gear S. Just make sure you back up everything in S Health right before switching and it will transfer just fine. I made the mistake of activating the gear s and a few of the days on my Gear fit was not synced. Keep in mind I was using the same phone. Like you I did not know the watches had different manager apps.

I reset my gear fit & sold it with no problems.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-03-2015 02:26 PM
    Thank you everyone. I will make sure I sync to my Samsung account before switching. I am on auto sync but I will double check anyway. Now I just have to get the watch. I am excited. I may just go to Verizon Monday and pick one up. I am hoping the store will give me a discount. I wanted to buy it on Amazon but I kept getting tripped up at the check out because it was not asking me if I wanted to stay with my current plan. Do you all get the extended warranty?
    07-03-2015 04:58 PM
    Thank you everyone. I will make sure I sync to my Samsung account before switching. I am on auto sync but I will double check anyway. Now I just have to get the watch. I am excited. I may just go to Verizon Monday and pick one up. I am hoping the store will give me a discount. I wanted to buy it on Amazon but I kept getting tripped up at the check out because it was not asking me if I wanted to stay with my current plan. Do you all get the extended warranty?
    Here is a day when I used both the Fit and S when I first got my S.

It didn't transfer anything from the Fit to the S but both are on the app on the phone.
    One thing, if you ever do a factory reset on the watch the steps for that day will be set back to 0 so try to do the reset as early in the morning as possible. I lost over 10k step record for the day last time I reset because it synced the 0 steps (after reset) that night instead of what I'd actually done because I didn't walk any steps after the reset since it was late at night.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 12:03 PM
    Here is a day when I used both the Fit and S when I first got my S.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...828c1a225b.jpg
    It didn't transfer anything from the Fit to the S but both are on the app on the phone.
    One thing, if you ever do a factory reset on the watch the steps for that day will be set back to 0 so try to do the reset as early in the morning as possible. I lost over 10k step record for the day last time I reset because it synced the 0 steps (after reset) that night instead of what I'd actually done because I didn't walk any steps after the reset since it was late at night.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    Thank you so much for that screen shot. That is awesome.

I recently had a an issue with my fit when it froze. I had to do a hard reboot and I lost 600 steps in the process. I was very happy I had not lost the entire day to that point, as it was almost 10,000 steps.
    07-05-2015 12:14 PM
    I still use my Fit on some days and it still double syncs like that when I use both. It syncs when I open s health and the watch is connected. As much as I like my S it's nice to sometimes use a notification butler, the Fit, that's not much bigger or heavier than my Support Our Troops silicone wrist band. I've only had it freeze once in the 9 months I've had it and I just held the power button for 30 seconds and it rebooted without losing anything. I actually like how it controls my music player (Power Amp) better. It's quicker to change things and shows track info, something the S does not do when synced to a phone for music.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 04:30 PM
    I have two Gear Fit. Both had the same problem: it sometimes quickly drain the battery in very short time for no reason (I don't even turn on BT at that time). Then, when the battery dies (regardless how it died), all the settings are gone as well. You will have to setup the device again (no need to pair but all you custom settings on the watch need to be re-configured) once charged up. No apps installed, no notification. Just record steps.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:21 PM
    I have two Gear Fit. Both had the same problem: it sometimes quickly drain the battery in very short time for no reason (I don't even turn on BT at that time). Then, when the battery dies (regardless how it died), all the settings are gone as well. You will have to setup the device again (no need to pair but all you custom settings on the watch need to be re-configured) once charged up. No apps installed, no notification. Just record steps.
    Either I was lucky or your unluck was much more extreme.
    Before I forget again, go into your Fit notifications and make sure your calendars are unchecked. I can't remember whether it was Google or Samsung but one of them causes huge battery drain , even when not connected. Once I unchecked my calendars my occasional overnight battery drain stopped.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:30 PM
    One watch is luck. Two watch in a row is a defect on the design. I'm still consider myself lucky that I haven't encountered the infamous endless reboot bug that plagued many Gear Fit. There is no fix for that. You will have to send it in for warranty repair.

The settings loss is real obvious software bug and shows how little Samsung cared about the design of Gear Fit.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:39 PM
    One watch is luck. Two watch in a row is a defect on the design. I'm still consider myself lucky that I haven't encountered the infamous endless reboot bug that plagued many Gear Fit. There is no fix for that. You will have to send it in for warranty repair.

The settings loss is real obvious software bug and shows how little Samsung cared about the design of Gear Fit.
    If both came from the same seller you could have gotten 2 bad ones from the same bad batch. That's what I meant by more unlucky. With big sellers the chances of the same batch by one buyer are rare but the Fit never really took off.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:44 PM
    No, from two totally different sellers and half year apart. One from local Best Buy store. One from Groupon. Lost the first one. Bought another then found the first one in the car.
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:48 PM