I ordered my watch

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There were none in stock at my Verizon store, so hopefully it gets to me Wednesday. Thursday at the latest.

They gave me the Amazon price, so that was helpful. I have appreciated all the answers to my questions the past few days. I am sure I will have more soon.

I ordered white, of course, just like my Note 4.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
This is my first SmartWatch and ever since I bought it I have found myself looking for a second and a third. But the LG, 360, the zen watch and others all must be paired/connected to the phone AND don't even have a speaker. I found them all to be an extension to a phone that is already in my pocket. I can't even use them as a speaker phone! The fact that I can leave my phone home when going for a walk, a run, to run into the store for groceries, out playing Frisbee or riding my bike and STILL be connected puts this watch in a class no one will truly understand until they try it on.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is my first SmartWatch and ever since I bought it I have found myself looking for a second and a third. But the LG, 360, the zen watch and others all must be paired/connected to the phone AND don't even have a speaker. I found them all to be an extension to a phone that is already in my pocket. I can't even use them as a speaker phone! The fact that I can leave my phone home when going for a walk, a run, to run into the store for groceries, out playing Frisbee or riding my bike and STILL be connected puts this watch in a class no one will truly understand until they try it on.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4
Funny, I am also constantly looking for more. The Urbane LTE is the only real competition, with LTE and GPS, but it is not sold in the US and you can't access the sim card slot. The Sony smartwatch 3 can be used stand-alone and has GPS, and the microsoft band also has a GPS and can be used stand-alone, i am waiting on the updated version of the MS band in the hopes it's less fugly.

After I got my GearS, I ordered a Gear 1 and flashed full android on it. I use it as a portable camera and audio player. It sadly does not have Wifi, so trasfering media to it (audible, music) over bluetooth takes forever.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my watch today. So far I love it. I do have a question I posted in another thread regarding the Gear S Notification Extender app. I have downloaded it but still cannot get my messages through Textra. I am sure I am doing something wrong. I am sure someone will guide me through it.

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my watch also today. I am liking it so far but it will take me some time to get use to it. When I went in to pick it up I was surprised that I got even a better deal then what I was first told. I paid 200 and got a 50 store credit to us. I did go ahead and order 2 bands from ebay (black and black polka dot) which I'm excited to receive (should be here Friday). I will be asking a bunch of questions also. Janet were you able to get a price reduction?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon did give me the $299 Amazon price. I would have liked more. Glad to hear you got a better deal than you though you would get.

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry Janet I didn't see that you got Verizon to match Amazon that is great. I guess we will be learning about this watch together. I also have the Note 4 in white so that is why I also got the white in the watch. I didn't realize that the back of the watch was white (ok I know a bit slow) I thought just the band. I'm hoping it doesn't get too dirty. Anyway I hope you are enjoying learning how to use it.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've spent 4 days now with mine that I got for $180 on ebay.

The only thing I don't like is that I keep swiping down for notifications like it is my phone. But I'm getting used to it.

I love leaving my phone at the desk, I love seeing my messages without pulling out my phone. Most of all, I love talking while driving or using it to send a test with voice commands. And it tells me my next calendar event and I can read all of the info on the watch and I don't have to keep wondering if I'll feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I am getting a full day with a 90 minute workout with music without bluetooth. I'm interested to try the GPS feature soon.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Congrats to your new watches!! Glad you love the Gear S already!

The only thing I don't like is that I keep swiping down for notifications like it is my phone. But I'm getting used to it.
It's funny, but I am so used to the swiping to go back on the Gear S (had mine since November) that I often accidentally try the same gesture on the Note. It's so intuitive after a while - who knew....

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad that you are enjoying as i have been enjoying mine for the last 2 weeks. I got mine from at&t for $49.00 refurbished which was a great deal.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had a few girls express interest in my watch and they always ask if I would not mind telling them how much it cost me. I tell them $300 but other carriers besides Verizon are less expensive. Unfortunately I could not find a white Verizon variant on ebay or anywhere else so I bit the bullet. I love the watch. I am very happy I made the purchase.

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also loving my new watch. I'm still tweaking it to make it do what I need it to do. I wished there was an app for the gear s that I could load my Starbuck's, Wawa, Dunkin's cards on along with my store cards so I didn't need to have my phone with me all the time. It looked like Samsung wallet would have worked, but it's no longer available. I also want to find more analog watch faces to have more of a choice.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm also loving my new watch. I'm still tweaking it to make it do what I need it to do. I wished there was an app for the gear s that I could load my Starbuck's, Wawa, Dunkin's cards on along with my store cards so I didn't need to have my phone with me all the time. It looked like Samsung wallet would have worked, but it's no longer available. I also want to find more analog watch faces to have more of a choice.

Ok ... you said Wawa. What state do you live in?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Look up this developer. This is just one example of one I've bought but he's got a bunch
411c35e0b79d3c4591b45551e512d03d.jpg

With his watches you get more than 1 per app, most having 5 faces but some as many as 9.
They're very battery friendly and work well, just a double tap to change colors.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Look up this developer. This is just one example of one I've bought but he's got a bunch
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/12/411c35e0b79d3c4591b45551e512d03d.jpg
With his watches you get more than 1 per app, most having 5 faces but some as many as 9.
They're very battery friendly and work well, just a double tap to change colors.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Since your name is mountainbikemark I am hoping you can help me out with the thread I just posted, since I bought this watch specifically because I bike and run a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463