How To Uninstall Apps That Won't Uninstall. No Hack or Reset Needed.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
If you, like me, have an app, or more, on your Gear that you want to uninstall but it won't here's a tip that worked for mine that were "stuck". For settings type apps that change settings on your phone via the watch go to the phones device administrator settings, Settings, Security, Device Administrators, and uncheck the app. After that , and for all other stuck apps, go to phone settings, Applications, Downloaded, and scroll to the name of the app on your watch that won't uninstall. Uninstall it there. Go to your Gear Manager, Gear Apps, Purchased, All and you should see it's now uninstalled from your watch. It was really uninstalled from the watch before but you couldn't do anything with it due to being "stuck" in your Gear Manager app. Some apps, though they are standalone, add residual bits onto the phone that don't show up anywhere but under the downloaded apps in the phones application manager.
Hope that helps .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Note8

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
None of the apps I installed on the S Gear show up in my Phone Application Manager. EDIT: "Quick Settings" was listed.
Only 2 of the apps show in the Gear Manager "Manage Applications"
It looks like all of the downloaded apps are listed in Gear Manager "Uninstall Applications" except the latest one.
Beep! shows in my Purchased apps, but does not show on my S Gear. Next to the app in the store, it says "Move to Gear Manager" When I press the button, Gear Manager opens, but I cannot find the App listed in Gear Manager, on the Watch, or in my phone.
I cannot uninstall or use the app.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
What does the app do?
With what you say it does when you tap it in the Gear Store, it has something somewhere on your phone. It's just a matter of finding it. Stating what it does might help narrow down where it is.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Beeper! Is supposed to make the Gear S beep or chime on the hour, or other interval.
I do not see a listing for "My Apps" in Gear manager, or Gear store, only "Puchased apps"
Also, when I asked S Voice to "Open Beeper App" SV replied that it could not find the app, make sure it was installed, and using the correct name.
I expected the App icon to show at the bottom of my app drawer on S Gear, after I installed it, as all the other apps did. I have to open the app to enable it, per instructions, but cannot find it.
At the least, it should be on the Manage or Uninstall lists in settings in Gear manager, but it is not.

Edit: Update...I reset my Gear S, and installed Beep! first.
It now is there, as it should have been before.
It is at the bottom of my app drawer, it is listed in both Manage and Uninstall lists.
Don't know what the original problem was.
Gonna reinstall the rest of my apps now.
Thanks for the offer of Help, it is appreciated.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Beeper! Is supposed to make the Gear S beep or chime on the hour, or other interval.
I do not see a listing for "My Apps" in Gear manager, or Gear store, only "Puchased apps"
Also, when I asked S Voice to "Open Beeper App" SV replied that it could not find the app, make sure it was installed, and using the correct name.
I expected the App icon to show at the bottom of my app drawer on S Gear, after I installed it, as all the other apps did. I have to open the app to enable it, per instructions, but cannot find it.
At the least, it should be on the Manage or Uninstall lists in settings in Gear manager, but it is not.

Edit: Update...I reset my Gear S, and installed Beep! first.
It now is there, as it should have been before.
It is at the bottom of my app drawer, it is listed in both Manage and Uninstall lists.
Don't know what the original problem was.
Gonna reinstall the rest of my apps now.
Thanks for the offer of Help, it is appreciated.
Glad you got it resolved. I was going to suggest a total reset as a last resort if nothing else worked. Bummer that it came to that.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I used your method to resolve another issue.
I forgot to uncheck "Quick Settings " from Device Administrator before I reset. As a result, when it came time to reinstall it after the reset, it was "Stuck" couldn't Find the app, install, or Uninstall through Gear Manager.
That is when I remembered Your Tip. I Unchecked from Device Administrator, Uninstalled through phone Application Manager, then had the option to Install again through Gear Manager.
Thank You