So my S5 was factory reset by accident and now it won't sync with my Gear S without me having to factory reset the Gear S first. As my Verizon Gear S uses a different phone line from my S5, I don't want to reset it because I have a lot of texts on there that I want to save. I can't even back them up because it's currently not synced with any phone, even if I reinstall Samsung Gear on my S5.

So my question is is there anyway I can sync my S5 with my Gear S without doing a factory reset on the Gear S? I believe I came across a method awhile go when I was just browsing about the Gear S but now I can't find the instructions anymore.

Please help, thank you!
    08-20-2015 03:33 AM
    AFAIK, there is no way. It is Samsung's way of handling privacy. Even without reset the phone, if you simply reinstall the Gear Manager, it will reset the watch.
    08-20-2015 04:36 PM
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'm pretty sure I read some instructions online on how to do it at one time, but now I can't find that page again. If in the case there really is no way, is there a way to save the texts I have on the Gear S?
    08-20-2015 05:12 PM
    IIRC, you can root your Gear S. Then, you can somehow mod the Gear S code to avoid the reset. But this probably more work than you simply reset the Gear S.

As for text, you should have used just your phone's number for text.
    08-20-2015 06:57 PM
    Thanks again for the great reply! Any links to how I can root the Gear S and mode the code to avoid the reset? Your help is much appreciated!

As for the texts, I use my number for the Gear S for a different purpose than my number for my S5 which is why the texts are separated.

Thanks again!
    08-20-2015 08:11 PM
    Thanks again for the great reply! Any links to how I can root the Gear S and mode the code to avoid the reset? Your help is much appreciated!

As for the texts, I use my number for the Gear S for a different purpose than my number for my S5 which is why the texts are separated.

Thanks again!
    If you just need a visual look at their content, just screen shot them, copy to your phone and put files in a locked folder so they're not in your gallery without a password.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    08-21-2015 01:59 PM
    No, I don't have a link but I think I saw it on XDA-Developers.com forum in early days of Gear S.
    08-22-2015 07:11 AM