remove connection to edge+ not working

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I already used my gear s for months successfully with my note 4. Always worked OK, also remote connection through WiFi or 3g went without hiccups. Yesterday I bought an edge+, I reset my gear to defaults and installed and ran gear manager. Pairing was OK. All seemed good, only the moment Bluetooth connection is lost the gear switches to WiFi and almost immediately says it cannot set up remote connection. Also on 3g is not working. I ticked the remote connection checkbox in gear manager settings but doesn't work. Already three times reset the gear and setup again, completely removed all gear manager components, no luck so far. Working seamless on Bluetooth, not through remote connection.
Any body with s6 edge+ experience the same?

Posted via the Android Central App

dborello

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I passed by Galaxy S6 Edge to Galaxy S6 Edge+ and I do not work more calls and notifications remotely.
Before when I walk away from the range of the bluetooth with the S6 Edge could perfectly to have call forwarding and notifications, now with S6 Edge+ I get the message that you can not make the call diversion etc etc.

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I passed by Galaxy S6 Edge to Galaxy S6 Edge+ and I do not work more calls and notifications remotely.
Before when I walk away from the range of the bluetooth with the S6 Edge could perfectly to have call forwarding and notifications, now with S6 Edge+ I get the message that you can not make the call diversion etc etc.

So you have the same problem as me? No more remote connection since you connected the gear to the edge+? And no more remote connection of course also means no more automatic call diversion

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Note 3 connects the remote super fast. but s6edg + not only connects remotely , only via Bluetooth.

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any news on the resolution of this incompatibility between the Gear S and Galaxy S6 Edge +

Nope, because i had to send my edge+ to samsung for repair. The backplate just shattered while it was on the table. But i heard on another forum that there was an update of gear manager. Maybe you should check in the samsung store for an update and then try again for remote connection. Let me know if the issue is fixed

Posted via Android Central App

dborello

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Last V.2.2.15070942....... remote transfer does not work!
We must insist to request a final solution with the Service Samsung People.

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have reported my self this problem to Samsung and they promised to be in touch.. On note 3 remote it is working super , but on S6edge+ its not working at all. I tried on S4 and works , nice istn't it ? After that i tried on s6edge+ and still not working.

dborello

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Perfect! "Magically" now it works perfectly diverting calls and notifications remotely.
Try it yourself, probably there has been some change in the server Samsung with admission at the service of the Galaxy S6 Edge +

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol