04-03-2016 02:38 AM
33 12
tools
    My Gear S, flashing from the home screen to the app screen and to the setting screen. This problem started to day, anyone out there having any issue.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-13-2015 08:37 PM
    My Gear S, flashing from the home screen to the app screen and to the setting screen. This problem started to day, anyone out there having any issue.

Reset Gear S
    09-14-2015 12:57 PM

Reset Gear S
    09-14-2015 01:00 PM
    Reset Gear S
    Did that, have the same issue

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-15-2015 05:00 PM
    I have had this same issue for about a month now. When I reset it, which is difficult with the screen constantly popping up it will work for 3 to 5 days perfectly fine and then go back to doing the same thing. I have removed every app I had downloaded onto it also so it would not keep synching with my phone but it still goes back to the same issue. I feel like it possibly started after a software update but I'm not sure. I deleted the Gear app off my phone and reinstalled also. Confusing as to why it always works again for a couple days.
    09-17-2015 11:00 AM
    I know a lot will prob not like this work around but, if you turn off blue tooth and the gear app,,,, the watch works fine and I have been running it for over a week with no screen flipping out problems. I used to have it every other day and now nothing. I know this stops a lot of the functions of the watch but most of it works.
    09-18-2015 03:46 AM
    Ive been following this thread and I have to ask, after factory reseting are you downloading any apps? If so, could it be an app that is causing this problem? Also, when I had the first gear watch I had problems with massive battery drain, and I kept factory reseting and the battery drain continued. What I did was go into my phones app manager and delete everything assosicated with the gear, then I cleared the cache partition on my phone. It was like there were files that remained after the factory reset that were causing the problems.
    Just a suggestion, give it a try and see if it works. Good luck
    mountainbikermark likes this.
    09-18-2015 10:23 AM
    I know a lot will prob not like this work around but, if you turn off blue tooth and the gear app,,,, the watch works fine and I have been running it for over a week with no screen flipping out problems. I used to have it every other day and now nothing. I know this stops a lot of the functions of the watch but most of it works.
    Then the watch wld be useful. No point in having the Gs

09-24-2015 01:20 AM
    Then the watch wld be useful. No point in having the Gs

Sorry useless

09-24-2015 01:22 AM
    ummm no,,it can still make and receive calls and text,,,internet works,,GPS location, news, weather updates all work,,,the only thing you dont get is the notifications that are from your phone that is probably arms length away LOL.
    09-24-2015 06:21 PM
    Had the exact same thing and doing a reset did not solve. Here's how to fix it. I downloaded Samsung Kies and then that downloaded Samsung Switch. You plug your Gear S into the pc via your usb and then Switch guides you though a reinstall of the OS on the watch. Did a full reinstall of the OS. Fixed it.
    09-25-2015 06:48 PM
    Maybe I dont get it but how did reinstalling the exact same OS solve the issue,,,and how long have you been running since this?
    09-26-2015 04:32 AM
    Hello. I think i found the 'bug'

After a couple of hours of testing the Gear S i discovered that the looping issue is caused by the way the watch is handling notifications. Everythings fine when the Gear S is constantly connected with bluetooth and mobile network/wifi. The trouble starts when the connection changes from bluetooth to mobile network/wifi. When the gear is set to 'automatic on/off it will take a while to connect, about a minute with my gear. If a notification reach your cell phone during the time a new connection is set up on the Gear, there will be no connection. The flashing/looping of the screen starts when a bluetooth connection is re-established and the 'hanging' notification(s) are pushed to the Gear.

Solutions:

- disable notifications
    - delete the notifications from your cell phone when connected with bluetooth, after that the looping stops immediatly
    - connect to a network before you're out of bluetooth reach

Important note: this works on my Gear, no problems anymore since. Hope this works for you too, let me know!

sorry for my poor english...

Greetzzz from The Netherlands!
    MellyMel76 likes this.
    09-28-2015 04:04 AM
    I've been having the same issues as everyone else with the Gear S.

I contacted Samsung Support via twitter and they want me to send in the watch to them so they can check out what the issue is.

Just wondering if that's actually a good idea...
    09-30-2015 01:01 PM
    Has any of these actually worked for anyone?

After a couple of hours of testing the Gear S i discovered that the looping issue is caused by the way the watch is handling notifications. Everythings fine when the Gear S is constantly connected with bluetooth and mobile network/wifi. The trouble starts when the connection changes from bluetooth to mobile network/wifi. When the gear is set to 'automatic on/off it will take a while to connect, about a minute with my gear. If a notification reach your cell phone during the time a new connection is set up on the Gear, there will be no connection. The flashing/looping of the screen starts when a bluetooth connection is re-established and the 'hanging' notification(s) are pushed to the Gear.

Solutions:

- disable notifications
    - delete the notifications from your cell phone when connected with bluetooth, after that the looping stops immediatly

Important note: this works on my Gear, no problems anymore since. Hope this works for you too, let me know!

09-30-2015 02:20 PM
    Try uninstalling the the Gear Manager and every file associated. That means you want to go into your app manager menu on your phone and uninstall every app with the orange Gear logo. Do a factory reset on your Gear S, reinstall the Gear Manager and then connect. Also, do not restore any old backup files, they may be corrupted also. Apparently, there was an flaw in the previous to last update that's causing confusion in the software. It helped me.

10-01-2015 07:13 AM
    By last update do you mean the last gear manager update that came out a day or so ago,,,or the one before that?
    10-01-2015 02:31 PM
    What a pain in the arse. Second time resetting my gear s. Ugh

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 10:02 AM
    Got to love all these people that chime in with a "fix" for the screen flashing on and off and yet never respond back to say if it truly works over an extended period of time LOL.
    10-08-2015 03:13 PM
    I haven't experienced the issue since the last update (last week) still testing to see if that helped out in any way.
    camblue likes this.
    10-08-2015 04:29 PM
    Cool, let us know if it happens again.

I haven't experienced the issue since the last update (last week) still testing to see if that helped out in any way.
    10-09-2015 03:22 AM

Solutions:

- disable notifications

This seems to work for me after resetting my Gear S twice already for this issue. So far, so good.

10-14-2015 11:23 AM
    Which one there are like three different solutions that may work.

This seems to work for me after resetting my Gear S twice already for this issue. So far, so good.

10-15-2015 01:39 AM
    Found the solution, I think... just unins tall Gear Manager and reboot your watch. That seems to stabilize the looping. I just got a replacement unit and it still happens with my Note 5 connected. It usually triggers when my watch disconnects from bluetooth.

dbarnes2270 likes this.
    10-19-2015 04:28 PM
    Wondering since gear manager just updated again for me today if it stopped the screen flashing problems for anyone?
    10-27-2015 12:52 AM
33 12