Standalone Apps -- 4G vs. Bluetooth?

David Daul

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the Gear S with 4G service. With 4G I can connect to the Gear Manager remotely just as if I were connected via Bluetooth. I use an app called Endomondo for tracking running. The app only works on the watch if the watch is connected via Bluetooth to Gear Manager on the phone. Anyone know the inner workings of this and why a 4G connection to Gera Manager wouldn't let these non-standalone apps to work? I'm connected to the Gear Manager just as if I'm connected with Bluetooth so why wouldn't the app work? "Failed to connect to service" is the message I receive.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the Gear S with 4G service. With 4G I can connect to the Gear Manager remotely just as if I were connected via Bluetooth. I use an app called Endomondo for tracking running. The app only works on the watch if the watch is connected via Bluetooth to Gear Manager on the phone. Anyone know the inner workings of this and why a 4G connection to Gera Manager wouldn't let these non-standalone apps to work? I'm connected to the Gear Manager just as if I'm connected with Bluetooth so why wouldn't the app work? "Failed to connect to service" is the message I receive.
Most of these apps are designed for other Gear watches where only BT connection is available. Apps must be specifically designed for Gear S in order to take advantage of remote connection. Some apps like Nike+ requires initial setup be on BT. After that, you can run out in remote connection mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000