So my question is can I take my sim that was in my classic Verizon and just put it in the gear s to use and voice and text just like I would the phone? Or do you have to add a special plan to use it. I don't use my Verizon line very much so the watch would be fine by it self is this possible

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-27-2015 10:29 PM
    Verizon is a CMDA carrier. So a Verizon SIM card is quite useless other than put into a Verizon version of LTE phone. CDMA requires ESN be registered in the Verizon's system which means Verizon branded devices only. Verizon version of Gear S has no SIM card slot at all.

If you like the idea of switching SIM cards at will, you need to use a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile.
    09-28-2015 12:26 PM
    Verizon is a CMDA carrier. So a Verizon SIM card is quite useless other than put into a Verizon version of LTE phone. CDMA requires ESN be registered in the Verizon's system which means Verizon branded devices only. Verizon version of Gear S has no SIM card slot at all.

If you like the idea of switching SIM cards at will, you need to use a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile.
    Yeah I understand how Verizon works CDMA and all I just didn't know if there version of the watch came with a sim like the att version that I had. I also have att for all that sim swapping your talking about. I have att and Verizon best of both worlds and such

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 11:27 PM
    Verizon and Sprint still uses CMDA for voice, SMS and 3G data. The SIM card they use is only for LTE portion of the phone. Since Gear S is still a 3G device (despite AT&T version and T-Mobile version calls it 4G), it only has CDMA radio for Verizon and Sprint models. Until Verizon shuts down its CMDA network and converts to Voice Over LTE, it will still require CDMA ESN instead of SIM cards and require a Verizon branded device, not any GSM device that takes a SIM card nor Sprint device even if it has the CMDA radio, for the foreseeable future.
    09-29-2015 07:28 AM