I have had two charging pucks break on my Samsun Gear S watch. I like to think that I'm ultra careful caring for my electronic toys, but this is ridiculous. The pins break very easily. I am of the mind that this is a fundamental weakness.

Best Buy displays these watches in a Magnetic stand that not only displays the watch nicely but also charges it. Nothing to break!

Does anyone have any friends at Best Buy, or any idea where I might find one of these chargers.
    10-01-2015 05:07 PM
    I didnt know these actually charge the watch, I thought rather they just held it??

I have had two charging pucks break on my Samsun Gear S watch. I like to think that I'm ultra careful caring for my electronic toys, but this is ridiculous. The pins break very easily. I am of the mind that this is a fundamental weakness.

Best Buy displays these watches in a Magnetic stand that not only displays the watch nicely but also charges it. Nothing to break!

Does anyone have any friends at Best Buy, or any idea where I might find one of these chargers.
    10-01-2015 08:10 PM
    They do but not doing very good job of it. The one I saw at the AT&T store failed to provide charges and the clerk tried many times and never worked. It's no better than a broken charging puck, IMO.
    10-02-2015 07:43 AM
    I'll guess that it because so many people handle them and just throw the watch on when they're done playing with them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2015 11:38 AM
    No. That was the 1st day of release. And the clerk can't make it charge ever when I was there. It is no better than let the watch sit on top of your broken charger.
    10-02-2015 11:46 AM
    I've resorted to getting a cheap watch display from Michaels and setting it up to brace the puck to watch band. The pressure is suffucuent to hold the contacts together for charging. Not convenient, not pretty, but it works. Major design flaw. BUT I do love the phone, and it is my go to watch.
    10-24-2015 02:45 PM