Samsung Gear S As My Main Phone & Hotspot For My Galaxy Note 4 (Wi-Fi Only) To Save With Verizon?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Gear S As My Main Phone & Hotspot For My Galaxy Note 4 (Wi-Fi Only) To Save With Verizon?

According to what I see online, I can share 6 GBs of data and pay about $10 less per month. Then, it's possible that I could get the Samsung Gear S (which can run on a SIM Card) and possibly use it as a mobile hotspot for my Galaxy Note 4 and then I could use my Note 4 over Wi-Fi and off of the Samsung Gear S (mobile hotspot) out of the house if I need a bigger screen (which doesn't really happen because I'm normally on Wi-Fi). The monthly access fee for the watch is much lower than the phone and would save hundreds of dollars each year (plus, I'd have 50% more data to share). Because the smartwatch can use a SIM Card, I can use it for the 5 calls I make or receive each month. Does that sound right?

naimmkassim

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gear S As My Main Phone & Hotspot For My Galaxy Note 4 (Wi-Fi Only) To Save With Verizon

Gear s can become a hot spot??

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gear S As My Main Phone & Hotspot For My Galaxy Note 4 (Wi-Fi Only) To Save With Verizon

Nope. Even if it could it will probably last only 10 minutes. Also the Verizon version has no SIM card slot.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

The Verizon one can't be a hotspot? How come the battery would die so fast?

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

No Gear S ever have hotspot feature, not just Verizon one. Hotspot can drain a regular phone's battery in an hour or two (which typically has a battery capacity of > 2000maH). Gear S only has a battery of 300maH.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Bummer. :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37