Does anyone know if the Samsung Gear S is compatible with Spint's network?

I'm considering getting one, and being told by some it is, and it's 10 dollars a month for talk , text and data, but then also being told it's not compatible.

As far as I've read it's compatible with both CDMA and GSM networks, and takes a sim card, so technically, isn't it pretty much just another device, same concept as activating another phone on your account?
    04-22-2016 04:45 PM
    Does anyone know if the Samsung Gear S is compatible with Spint's network?

I'm considering getting one, and being told by some it is, and it's 10 dollars a month for talk , text and data, but then also being told it's not compatible.

As far as I've read it's compatible with both CDMA and GSM networks, and takes a sim card, so technically, isn't it pretty much just another device, same concept as activating another phone on your account?
    Welcome to Android Central!

If you buy the Sprint version then it will work on Sprint. I do not think the Sprint version can be unlocked to work on GSM carriers though.
    05-04-2016 08:39 AM
    Gear S only comes with either CDMA or GSM (there is also a wifi only version for South Korea). Not both. And it is dual-band only which means you need to buy the version in your region, e.g. you need North American version for working on US carriers.

CDMA version is carrier specific. So you will have to purchase Sprint version in order to work on Sprint. And Verizon version for Verizon. It is not possible to move to another carrier.

AT&T version and T-Mo versions are basically the same (GSM) but still need to be unlocked before you can use it on another GSM carrier.
    05-09-2016 05:52 PM