receiving calls not my number

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My Gear S is receiving calls but its not through my phone number. I have reset the watch to factory settings after purchasing it used. I asked the previous owner and he said he only used bluetooth and didnt have it setup on its own number. It is a Sprint SM-R750. When I go into settings it shows my phone number but it gets calls that do not go through my phone. I am lost to how to get rid of this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
When you send a text from the watch itself what number shows up as the sender number? If it's the watches number the watch isn't set to your phones number. I'm trying to remember how to change that but for the life of me I can't find where it's at.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
6f5c85ad33182ebadc517d6c7b90b3f0.jpg

If I try and send a text or make a call it won't unless it's connected via bluetooth. When it is connected it uses the proper phone number. Just stray incoming calls that go to the watch.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Correction...I can somehow make a call from the watch when not connected to bluetooth. It comes up as a Florida number. My phone is a Virginia number.

Also I called the number from my phone and a message popped up...conditional call forwarding active.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes no sim card. I have AT&T for a carrier. I planned on using this bluetooth only. I contacted sprint and they said it isn't synced to my phone. Yes it is. I found that the watch has a number assigned to the watch and through the settings it can't be changed. I don't understand how it can be used if noone has a subscription to it.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes no sim card. I have AT&T for a carrier. I planned on using this bluetooth only. I contacted sprint and they said it isn't synced to my phone. Yes it is. I found that the watch has a number assigned to the watch and through the settings it can't be changed. I don't understand how it can be used if noone has a subscription to it.
I figured Sprint was your phone carrier as well. In that case try going to settings, connections, mobile networks, tap mobile networks again and set it to always off.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I called Sprint and they stated that the number is active. Only the customer that setup the account can cancel the number. Sprint will not contact them to remedy the issue. Sucky deal but I figure the subscription will eventually run out. Thank you for the help.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Well I called Sprint and they stated that the number is active. Only the customer that setup the account can cancel the number. Sprint will not contact them to remedy the issue. Sucky deal but I figure the subscription will eventually run out. Thank you for the help.
Not sure how Sprint goes about shutting numbers off for non payment but I'd think it'd be less than 90 days before your problem goes away if the other customer has just walked away from a contract. You might get some calls from Sprint bugging you about a payment before they shut it off ?

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive had this watch for a few months now and this issue just started. Just seems weird that someone would be paying for something they no longer own. 3G and phone call capability should be the same price as a normal cell right? I wouldnt want to pay for nothing each month.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Ive had this watch for a few months now and this issue just started. Just seems weird that someone would be paying for something they no longer own. 3G and phone call capability should be the same price as a normal cell right? I wouldnt want to pay for nothing each month.
If it's a rider on a phone plan it's only $5-10 a month, depending on the carrier. Something doesn't seem right if after a few months it starts up. Sounds like something whacky on Sprint end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781