Will there ever be an upgrade to the large face original Gear S smartwatch???

I was all pumped and ready to get the upgrade to the Gear S when they announced the Gear S2. But just like going to the Note 5 from my Note 4, Samsung disappointed me BIG TIME on both of these sure fire winners in my opinion. My faithful Gear S has been awesome. Sure, not everything, but nice screen size, able to stand alone, can really take over phone duties if need be, looks good, all the good stuff. Ditto for my Note 4. However, just IMO, Samsung dropped the ball big time in releasing the upgrade on those too. IMO again, they dropped it so bad, that a Samsung Fanboy such as myself, had to turn my nose up to the Gear S2 and the Note 5. They couldn't GIVE me those two for free. Yes, I mean it, that is how bad they were. Instead of going forward with these 2 breakthrough designs, IMO, they went backwards and alienated a lot of power users and fanboys. Hence I stayed with both, the Gear S and Note 4 for 2 years. This time I am reluctantly going for the Note 7, I will miss my removable battery, but they did put the sd card support back, so I will reluctantly get the Note 7, and see what gives.

But, I don't see anything replacing my faithful Gear S. .Don't want to switch brands and go with another smartwatch, would like to stay Sammy and keep it all in the family, as they seem to all work together.. But, I stand firm on not getting anything like the Gear S2.. If they had just made the thing a little bigger such as like a big sportwatch, I would have got it, but to decrease the size, the designers must have been out to lunch or sleep walking or both to dumb down on that move. They could have made two sizes. A nice 2 inch Gear S2.. I would have been on it like hot on rice..

Anyway, thanks to all for letting me vent.. Let me get back to the Note 7 threads and pray to the smartwatch gods to send me my daggone Note 7 NOW!!!
    08-13-2016 06:13 AM
    Will there ever be an upgrade to the large face original Gear S smartwatch???

I was all pumped and ready to get the upgrade to the Gear S when they announced the Gear S2. But just like going to the Note 5 from my Note 4, Samsung disappointed me BIG TIME on both of these sure fire winners in my opinion. My faithful Gear S has been awesome. Sure, not everything, but nice screen size, able to stand alone, can really take over phone duties if need be, looks good, all the good stuff. Ditto for my Note 4. However, just IMO, Samsung dropped the ball big time in releasing the upgrade on those too. IMO again, they dropped it so bad, that a Samsung Fanboy such as myself, had to turn my nose up to the Gear S2 and the Note 5. They couldn't GIVE me those two for free. Yes, I mean it, that is how bad they were. Instead of going forward with these 2 breakthrough designs, IMO, they went backwards and alienated a lot of power users and fanboys. Hence I stayed with both, the Gear S and Note 4 for 2 years. This time I am reluctantly going for the Note 7, I will miss my removable battery, but they did put the sd card support back, so I will reluctantly get the Note 7, and see what gives.

But, I don't see anything replacing my faithful Gear S. .Don't want to switch brands and go with another smartwatch, would like to stay Sammy and keep it all in the family, as they seem to all work together.. But, I stand firm on not getting anything like the Gear S2.. If they had just made the thing a little bigger such as like a big sportwatch, I would have got it, but to decrease the size, the designers must have been out to lunch or sleep walking or both to dumb down on that move. They could have made two sizes. A nice 2 inch Gear S2.. I would have been on it like hot on rice..

Anyway, thanks to all for letting me vent.. Let me get back to the Note 7 threads and pray to the smartwatch gods to send me my daggone Note 7 NOW!!!
    Felt just the way you did until 6.0 on my Note 4 killed the Bluetooth connection. Turns out it was the watch which Samsung finally replaced. But while I was going back and forth with Samsung, I picked up a $50 special for the S2 3g on Verizon.
    Now I never even wear the brand new S that Samsung sent me. The S2 just works so much better if you don't play with the screen.
    Check out the S3... You may be surprised as well.
    11-30-2016 03:00 PM
    Is that what happened? 6.0 messed me up? I still get notifications, but like 3 of each. And, News Republic is no longer on my phone.
    12-04-2016 10:38 AM