Does Samsung update the OS of their smartwatches?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a S2 and it is great but I am concerned Samsung will not be updating the OS on the watch. Have they updated the OS on past wearables?

Android wear gets regular updates and has improved each time.

Thanks.

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
They get glacial updates. They will probably fix something thats broken. On the Gear Fit they added the different orientation, but that's about it! With Samsung Watches, if you don't like the OS when you get it, nothing will change later. No new apps either, etc.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
They get glacial updates. They will probably fix something thats broken. On the Gear Fit they added the different orientation, but that's about it! With Samsung Watches, if you don't like the OS when you get it, nothing will change later. No new apps either, etc.

(Honest question) Why did you buy this watch if that is the case?

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Updates are not the reason I bought the watch, and going in I knew this. For me it is for quick notifications without needing my phone

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
(Honest question) Why did you buy this watch if that is the case?

You wouldn't, but luckily is not true... well it might be for the Gear Fit, but I never owned it. I have owned the Gear, Gear Neo, Gear 2, Gear S and now Gear S2... so for the only one I haven't seen multiple updates for its the S2... as is less than a day old. Updates and improvements don't necessarily result in UI changes, true. But they do receive updates, to both Gear Manager and the watches themselves.

Posted via the Android Central App

ks-man

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

By orientation do you mean flip it upside down for lefties? I'm trying to do that on the Gear S2 but can't find it. If they released that for the Fit you would think they would have put it into the Gear S2.

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
By orientation do you mean flip it upside down for lefties? I'm trying to do that on the Gear S2 but can't find it. If they released that for the Fit you would think they would have put it into the Gear S2.
Yes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech