Mr. Time Maker app

supersoulfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This came up on the Korean gear store last night and I don't know if it's available in the US yet, but this is pretty much my favorite part of a smartwatch, custom faces from a user community.

Need 3 things, App from the Google Play store.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.apposter.watchmaker&hl=en&token=BYQOYeWA

Gear watch app on your watch

and the website is used to make the custom faces.
https://mrtimemaker.com/

Here's one I put together. The app only supports analog faces right now, but it's a good start....
20151023_115506-1.jpg

supersoulfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Are these you?
https://mrtimemaker.com/users/1wAYUayKOG

If you've made a watchface load up the Mr. Time Maker watchface on your S2. once loaded double tap the watchface and you have three options, favorite, My watch, and popular. Select "My Watch" to access any watchfaces you have created.

Of course this is dependent on have the apps on your phone and watch and being logged into your account.

jmcu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea that's me .. Playing around with the site...
Thanks for the info.. I was able to get it to work...
How did you get your avatar on the site profile?

Nice designs BTW

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How are you making the background images? Photoshopping an image of the watch found online or starting from scratch? I was thinking of trying an IWC Pilots Watch Mark XVII.

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
How are you making the background images? Photoshopping an image of the watch found online or starting from scratch? I was thinking of trying an IWC Pilots Watch Mark XVII.

I basically find a high res image on the internet of the watch I want to make. Then I use Photoshop to edit it. I always try to make the background black so everything pops and it looks better on AMOLED screens. Sometimes I make my own watch hands (major pain) and sometimes I use the ones in the web app. The one you are looking to make shouldn't be that difficult. Sometimes you have to do a lot of editing, getting rid of hands, deleting dates or chronographs or adding markings.

Here is a good pic to go off of for example:

http://www.xupes.com/UserFiles/Imag.../Original/001_IWC_Mark_XVII_SS_Pilot_Date.jpg

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't have an S2 yet, but if I want to download some faces to my computer for later use, is that possible?

I don't think you can save them on your computer specifically, but you can register at the MrTimeMaker.com website and you can save all your favorites and then when you get your watch you will have easy access to them in your account.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice app, but it appears a bit buggy. I finally managed to create a simple face as a test and get it sent to the watch, but what showed up on the watch had several boxes superimposed from the web site.

ks-man

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to install the widget on my S2. I'm in the MR. TIME MAKER app from the Samsung Gear Apps store. When I hit Install it tells me about the needed permissions and when I click Accept and Continue it starts the download process but then stops before downloading going back to the main app download screen. Anybody know what is going on? Thanks.

---Edited---
Nevermind, I figured it out. I was on my work wifi network which must have been blocking it. Fell back to cellular and it downloaded fine.

Last edited:

ks-man

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my first Favorited face to my S2 (after choosing the Mr Time Maker watchface) however when I choose new faces to send it doesn't work. I now have the option to send to watch however even after I select that nothing appears to happen and my original Mr. Time Maker face stays on the watch. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I got my first Favorited face to my S2 (after choosing the Mr Time Maker watchface) however when I choose new faces to send it doesn't work. I now have the option to send to watch however even after I select that nothing appears to happen and my original Mr. Time Maker face stays on the watch. Any ideas? Thanks.

Had the same issue. What I did to get it to work.

1; You need to be in the choose a watch face mode on the S2. Press and hold your S2 screen and go into the choose a watch face mode. Scroll to the Mr. Time Widget BUT DO NOT tap and expand it. Stay in choose mode.

2: Now send your watch face from the Phone App to your watch.

3: Wait about 3 seconds then tap the S2 to bring it back to normal and your Mr. Time watch face should appear.

Hope that helps. Works for me.

ks-man

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue. What I did to get it to work.

1; You need to be in the choose a watch face mode on the S2. Press and hold your S2 screen and go into the choose a watch face mode. Scroll to the Mr. Time Widget BUT DO NOT tap and expand it. Stay in choose mode.

2: Now send your watch face from the Phone App to your watch.

3: Wait about 3 seconds then tap the S2 to bring it back to normal and your Mr. Time watch face should appear.

Hope that helps. Works for me.

That hasn't been working for me but what seems to work enough is by double tapping on the Mr Watch Maker face and selecting popular or favorite. I then send the watch face when I'm in that subscreen. I need to do it a bunch of times but eventually I get it to take. Far more difficult than it should be but what can you do?

Has anybody found a good screen in Mr Time Maker that shows your S-Health steps? I like seeing that info on the main screen but haven't found one that includes it. Thanks.

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
How do you send the face to your watch? After I made the face the " send to watch " is grayed out ...

Likewise. I can add to favorites etc. But when I hold down on gear S2/screen as if to change faces I can't "send to watch" its greyed out (,or light pink rather) how do I do this? I have the Mr. Time app installed on phone etc. Is there a step by step manual or something stating how to do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20