01-18-2018 07:32 PM
37 12
tools
    Always-on watchface please! e-ink would be nice (like the Pebbles), so as not to drain the battery.
    04-27-2016 01:18 PM
    I like the options you mentioned for color choices. I am making myself a beaded band, and one made from paracord.
    05-11-2016 02:47 PM
    For me the main items would like to see are
    1. Long battery life 3days +
    2. Being able to use it for three days hike and swimming.

Without these two items gear s will not be benefitable for me.
    05-13-2016 08:05 AM
    Apparently Samsung is planning on releasing the S3 this year. I think I'm going to stop buying Samsung products. (Other than their Galaxy phone line.) The Gear S2 is still only half functional and they're already replacing it? Fantastic.
    05-15-2016 06:40 PM
    Apparently Samsung is planning on releasing the S3 this year. I think I'm going to stop buying Samsung products. (Other than their Galaxy phone line.) The Gear S2 is still only half functional and they're already replacing it? Fantastic.
    I think you should wait to see if this is true because I haven't heard any rumors of a gear s3 BUT if it is true, then yes I agree with you. They still haven't even released samsung pay for the watch

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2016 10:32 AM
    Look at the Gear lineup history. That's pretty much on par. Release a new model, abandon it before a year is up, repeat. Look at their tablet history. Make a new model, abandon the old quickly, repeat.
    05-18-2016 09:51 AM
    The Gear S2 is still only half functional and they're already replacing it? Fantastic.
    The S2 is way more than 'half functional', whatever that might mean. Maybe your expectations are half reasonable.
    05-18-2016 01:29 PM
    No, they're reasonable. We don't have Samsung Pay yet (promised to us first at launch, then shortly after, then early 2016, now who knows when). We don't have the Starbuck's app yet, which was mentioned in November. It's still pretty poorly integrated with S Health. The Heart Rate Monitor never records my Heart Rate on it's own. S Voice is not functional at all. You can't take memos at all. I tried to use it to send a text just recently, in a very quiet room, and it crashed the entire watch mid way through the text.

I'm sorry, but the S2 is half functional and there's no signs Samsung plans to fix it.
    05-18-2016 05:41 PM
    I'm sorry, but the S2 is half functional and there's no signs Samsung plans to fix it.
    On the other hand: Watch shows all appointments, alarms and email, plus alarms from other apps. I have no use for S Health, taking out my phone to use Samsung Pay does not harm my arm, and I have no use for Starbucks. So, fully functional watch that exceeded my expectations.
    05-19-2016 12:07 PM
    Functionality is a matter of opinion, differing with how you use the watch. I don't care about Samsung Pay, but some people do. The fact is, it's something that Samsung touted for the watch and they haven't delivered it. Same for weather updates, which do matter to me and have never been reliable.

Bottom line: Buyer be aware that this is how Samsung does business, because they're big and strong enough to get away with it. Buy their stuff with this in mind. Or don't.
    anon(238680) likes this.
    05-20-2016 06:27 AM
    Functionality is a matter of opinion.

Bottom line: Buyer be aware that this is how Samsung does business, because they're big and strong enough to get away with it. Buy their stuff with this in mind. Or don't.
    Excellent advice.
    05-20-2016 10:24 AM
    I would love an app that would make the smart watch detect a fall. It would call 911 if the wearer didn't respond to a prompt ... and would sound an alarm. Perhaps it would also call another number in its settings. It should do this whether or not it is is near its smartphone.
    01-18-2018 07:32 PM
37 12