Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Smartwatch - Wish List

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your list is fairly old, so some things have no doubt been added already, or at least are planned for an update, but Samsung has checked off at least ONE entry. #12: S2 Classic in 3G. Yup. On my wrist right now :-D

Chuck Black

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Bed-side clock setting

I know the thread is getting a little long in the tooth, but I gotta add my wish item.

Add a setting to switch to a large digital clock when placed in the charger and display said digital clock for 5 sec if the watch/charger is nudged.

I keep the watch charging by my bed at night. It's difficult to read analog clocks with your head flat on a pillow and without glasses. I think this type of setting would make an excellent bed-side clock.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bed-side clock setting

I agree with the bed side clock thing but why not give it settings like "always on" and dimmable settings. Have the clock move around the face often so there's no burn in etc.

sccarlin

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Great List. Nos. 7, 12 and 13 have pretty much been taken care of. With the last software update, adaptive brightness works. I have the new Classic 3G for the very reasons you mentioned, and love it. And with the Classic or the band adapter for the Sport, pretty much any band is now available.

Also, as to number 6, the Standalone Gear Navigator app integrates with Google maps/traffic and search data, giving you walking, driving and biking route options. Worked great on the original Gear S after memory management update. It uses much less battery on the Gear S2 than the Gear S, which is even better, but I have had some trouble with it crashing on my Verizon Gear S2 3g. But it seems like most folks don't have stability problems and the developer generates updates regularly and responds to inquiries quickly. For $2.99, it is totally worth having a standalone Nav app.

I hope for the others you list, especially a larger screen male version, and more apps, especially other standalone streaming music support. Milk is great, but Spotify would be better.

Ahmed Al-Naamani

May 13, 2016
Visit site
For me the main items would like to see are
1. Long battery life 3days +
2. Being able to use it for three days hike and swimming.

Without these two items gear s will not be benefitable for me.

slev

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Apparently Samsung is planning on releasing the S3 this year. I think I'm going to stop buying Samsung products. (Other than their Galaxy phone line.) The Gear S2 is still only half functional and they're already replacing it? Fantastic.

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Apparently Samsung is planning on releasing the S3 this year. I think I'm going to stop buying Samsung products. (Other than their Galaxy phone line.) The Gear S2 is still only half functional and they're already replacing it? Fantastic.

I think you should wait to see if this is true because I haven't heard any rumors of a gear s3 BUT if it is true, then yes I agree with you. They still haven't even released samsung pay for the watch

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Look at the Gear lineup history. That's pretty much on par. Release a new model, abandon it before a year is up, repeat. Look at their tablet history. Make a new model, abandon the old quickly, repeat.

slev

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
No, they're reasonable. We don't have Samsung Pay yet (promised to us first at launch, then shortly after, then early 2016, now who knows when). We don't have the Starbuck's app yet, which was mentioned in November. It's still pretty poorly integrated with S Health. The Heart Rate Monitor never records my Heart Rate on it's own. S Voice is not functional at all. You can't take memos at all. I tried to use it to send a text just recently, in a very quiet room, and it crashed the entire watch mid way through the text.

I'm sorry, but the S2 is half functional and there's no signs Samsung plans to fix it.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but the S2 is half functional and there's no signs Samsung plans to fix it.

On the other hand: Watch shows all appointments, alarms and email, plus alarms from other apps. I have no use for S Health, taking out my phone to use Samsung Pay does not harm my arm, and I have no use for Starbucks. So, fully functional watch that exceeded my expectations.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Functionality is a matter of opinion, differing with how you use the watch. I don't care about Samsung Pay, but some people do. The fact is, it's something that Samsung touted for the watch and they haven't delivered it. Same for weather updates, which do matter to me and have never been reliable.

Bottom line: Buyer be aware that this is how Samsung does business, because they're big and strong enough to get away with it. Buy their stuff with this in mind. Or don't.

Jdtgoshenedu

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
I would love an app that would make the smart watch detect a fall. It would call 911 if the wearer didn't respond to a prompt ... and would sound an alarm. Perhaps it would also call another number in its settings. It should do this whether or not it is is near its smartphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non