a list of apps that work with the Gear S2; please add to it here

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
"Hangouts (installing the Android wear app from the play store allows you to reply to Hangout messages when using as SMS)"
does that mean you can only reply to SMS or all hangouts messages as long as hangouts is your default SMS app?

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So, did you just have to install android wear to be able to reply to hangouts messages from the watch? Is that all? Or did you have to do something else after installation?

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So, did you just have to install android wear to be able to reply to hangouts messages from the watch? Is that all? Or did you have to do something else after installation?

I haven't tried it. I'm just reporting what others say at the top of this list. Maybe if folks want details about specific apps, other threads might work better. (Just a thought.)

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Installed the app and that's it.
Launching the app itself does nothing.
Ironic that a Tizen watch would need a Android Wear app to gain features.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Please note that the HERE Maps turn by turn directions do not appear to work independent of your actual smartphone. This is disappointing if you want to fly solo with just your watch.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i know IG and Whatsapp alert pop up and you can reply. but if lets say some one sends back to back alerts for whatsapp or i get msgs from more than 1 person. it wont show up on the watch.

The gear T9 keyboard is bringing back memories lol.

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
i know IG and Whatsapp alert pop up and you can reply. but if lets say some one sends back to back alerts for whatsapp or i get msgs from more than 1 person. it wont show up on the watch.

The gear T9 keyboard is bringing back memories lol.

Im not to sure what you mean but if im understanding right you can download chat hub

PRISBERG

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I can't belive it.
I recieve facebook messenger notifications and I'm able to reply on them, but I can't read them on the Gear s2?!?!?! This means I can't read what the messeges before I'm ansvering them unless I open the messeges on the phone...
Any solution for this?

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I can reply facebook messeges, but I can't read them on my gear s2. Someone with the same problem? Fix for this?

Hey when I get facebook messanger messages it pops up on my watch with the person who sent them and what they said then if I tap on it it brings up whole message then I reply

Hashim butt1

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi all
My gear s2 classic is showing yellow dot on clock and when I click on that dot it says "update to gear classic plus". What is classic plus and from where I can download it?

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all
My gear s2 classic is showing yellow dot on clock and when I click on that dot it says "update to gear classic plus". What is classic plus and from where I can download it?

I have a classic and have never heard of this. If you can take a screenshot (simultaneously press the Home key and swiping from the left of the screen to the right) showing this message, post it in a new thread on the forum and you'll get a lot of interest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital