Firmware Update Today

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all!

This morning I was delighted to see a firmware update sitting in my notification shade! I did a little digging on the interwebs and couldn't find anything about this update. Anyhow, I pulled the trigger and all is well on my end. I didn't check to see if the software version changed, but here is what is currently on my S2 -- R720XXU2AOJ3

Anyone else? I hope to find some sort of a change log as well.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the update and it has fixed the reconnecting issue on my Marshmallow Nexus 5. Also noticed that the weather is actually automatically updating. I have it set to update every hour, and for the first time, it updated by itself without my having to manually refresh.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Retracting my finding that my S2 is automatically updating the weather every hour as per my settings. It definitely updated hourly two times early today, but has not done so in the past 4 hours.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Retracting my finding that my S2 is automatically updating the weather every hour as per my settings. It definitely updated hourly two times early today, but has not done so in the past 4 hours.

Is the Marshmallow issue fixed though? Does it work with it now?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The step counter seems to be fixed. I'm at 7k steps now and before that I would barely be at 5k with the same activity.

Posted via the Android Central App

dkaf187

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the Marshmallow issue is fixed with this update. It automatically reconnects when the phone and watch are out of range and then come back into range.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Marshmallow issue definitely fixed for me, too. I would say that the step counter is probably NOT fixed, but I didn't have it on me the whole day. Did walk the dog and it counted 1500, and Gear Live counted 2000. Will reserve judgement, though.

blynott

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I also forced the update using the Gear app on my phone. Took a little longer than I expected but all is fine. On my Samsung Galaxy S3 I went to Settings, About Gear and then Update Gear Software.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I did a factory reset on the watch at lunch, now I am getting some notifications from all the apps I have allowed to send them. The strange thing though is that only one of my email accounts is passing notifications to the watch. I am getting notifications from both on the phone though.

If it matters, I am using the S2 Classic and a Note Edge (on 5.1.1 with AT&T).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2