I just pre-ordered the Gear S2 3G from Verizon...apparently will be delivered by 11/05

camblue

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I received an email that said it was on back order after ordering it? Then I called Verizon and they said that it is on back order LOL I said it hasnt even come out yet how is it on back order,,cricket cricket LOL

icecreamw

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I received an email that said it was on back order after ordering it? Then I called Verizon and they said that it is on back order LOL I said it hasnt even come out yet how is it on back order,,cricket cricket LOL

That's odd. I wonder why that would happen. I haven't heard anything. I'm wondering how it will be delivered by the day after tomorrow if I haven't received a shipping notification.

icecreamw

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My ship date moved to 11/27. I may get the 360 sport in the meantime and cancel my order.

eh1081

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine early in the morning on 10/15. I'm pretty certain that was the first day they started taking preorders. It said at that point "deliver by 11/5". I checked on the order status today and it says ship by 11/27. I'm guessing they were all put on backorder. There's no way they sold out before I put my preorder in.

I'm a little frustrated that they waited until after it should have shipped to delay it by 3+ weeks. Not to mention I might have gone with something else if they hadn't stated that it would be delivered by 11/5. I had planned to order the original S that day to be honest, but this was supposed to be the latest and greatest and was listed at $50 less at the time..

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I was just getting ready to order it. I may have to wait to see what the hold up is.

Posted via the Android Central App

Misthos

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine still says expected ship date of 11/5 even though at ordering it said arrival by then. Their website still said 11/5 as of yesterday but today has been changed to 11/27 estimate. Maybe they sold more than they expected?

eh1081

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I realize this article is referring to the standard S2 (non-3G) and S2 classic, but I wonder if this is what happened. They sold out all 180,000 units in China within hours of making it available. I wonder if they decided to divert some resources to China to meet to the extreme demand there.

Edit: I tried to include a link but was not allowed due to my small number of posts. You can do a search for "Gear S2" on google news if you want to read about it.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if stores will have it still on the 6th as announced? Sometimes online is more sold out than going to a store in person. I guess we'll see in a couple days. Man, I wish they had a 3G Classic. Anyway.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I didn't realize that they will be in stores, will Best Buy get them in? I would rather buy from them then Verizon. I am returning my S2 today, I want to get the 3g.

eh1081

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if stores will have it still on the 6th as announced? Sometimes online is more sold out than going to a store in person. I guess we'll see in a couple days. Man, I wish they had a 3G Classic. Anyway.

When I spoke with a sales rep on the phone, she mentioned that they were scheduled to be in the stores on 11/12. This was before they had changed the ship date from 11/27 to 11/12. So, I bet the stores are getting them a week later as well.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks back when it was announced I spoke with a Verizon rep that said in Verizon stores by 11/6. However, that maybe changed now to next week. Best Buy Samsung rep said they'd "eventually" carry it so who knows what that means.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered the 3G from Verizon, the Rep. said it would ship tomarrow and I should receive it on Monday. Fingers crossed.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Now it's changed from 11/27 to 11/12 and now it says "shipping 11/9"...bizarre. But I guess it's good news.